30 Superboat

Notices

30 Superboat

Old 01-28-2017, 07:25 AM
T-Mone
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OCCJoe
So in all the years you've owned it is that the fastest you've seen or have you had bigger power in it . I would have ran it without seat or hatches or whatever I could leave on the dock to hit 100.
When I bought mine it did 94 so I set a goal of 100 . When I hit it I moved my goal to 105 and I hit 107 so now Im thinking I want to hit the 110 mark . The best part is I did it all with the NA Motor dave at MDG built for the boat in 07 .
107 really hmm... i would love to talk
Old 01-28-2017, 07:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

You should still have my number .. I've been so busy I haven't had time to touch any of my boats in months
Old 02-01-2017, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by OCCJoe
No the bravo was only about 3 or 4 mph gain. The biggest gain was the day I realized the steps weren't super Efficient for speed so found a little trick while driving that really made the boat fast. So I guess you could say there's nothing better for a driver then seat time
I would like to k ow a out this trick if you care to share it.... Thanks
Old 02-01-2017, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OCCJoe.... You probably have fastest Y2K I have read about so far?

Last edited by Shibby1485; 02-01-2017 at 11:36 PM.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:32 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

So what I discovered was by accident and I only figured it out because of a geographic situation I was put in during a poker run I was in . I had just freshened up the Dart and had been pulling 101mph blast all day with 2 in the boat and moderate fuel . So we were on our way back coming outta the main river into the cut and the route I had taken basically was a mile long turn . Me being the smarta$s I am I decided to let about 7 boats enter before me just so I could fly past them . So with the boat leaned to the starboard side of the keel and turning 6K the boat just kept accelerating . I'm looking at the speedo the chart plotter and my friend and were both smiling from 104mph amazement . And it felt super comfortable , wasn't loose , and no walk . After that day I started playing with the tabs and found that even while cruising you could drop a tab and get the boat off its keel and gain speed . So even in a little chop while running straight the hull is not aerating . Its stuck to the surface just like a non stepped boat . So after I figured this out I would do some runs at the end of the day after I dropped the wife and kid off at the dock and day after day 107mph on both GPS's and two times I seen 110 on the Lavorsi Monster but the garmin didn't verify it .
Every run I've done I've had junk in the cabin i.e. tools , toys , chairs . If I really wanted to set the high number I need to clear everything out , run on fumes , and take the 380 tabs off and install the 280's but to tell you the truth whats the point ? Theres no money reward , theres no boats around my area that can run with me now and we have lost or almost lost to many performance boaters in the last couple years already . I don't wanna be added to the list of fallen for a few MPH's ....Take it for what it is
Old 02-06-2017, 04:30 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks....I too have found the same....Just don't like how it leans when going full tilt....
Old 02-06-2017, 10:31 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by park35
Thanks....I too have found the same....Just don't like how it leans when going full tilt....
Now that is one thing mine has never done but I do turn a left prop . I can be by myself or have others in the boat and it always rode straight with no lean . Ive always joked about just taking the tabs off because their not needed . I'll bet I go most of the season without ever touching them . Now one time I got caught in some weather 60mph sustained and guest of 100 and if it weren't for my tabs I would have rolled over . I had one tab all the way down just to stay straight . BTW one of the most awesome boating experiences I ever had !