Less than 8 weeks til splash down >

Less than 8 weeks til splash down

Notices

Less than 8 weeks til splash down

Old 05-03-2004, 07:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did finally get out on the water Saturday afternoon. Couldn't wait so the boat still has no back seat and is in need of a couple of brackets to hold things that are now held with tie-raps.
Anyway, the engine won't idle correctly but I think I'm getting closer to solving that problem. It doen't look like the IAC is opening on the throttle body so hopefully replacing that with solve the problem.
Lots of crap floating in the river so I didn't spend much time wide open. I can say that the throttle response is improved over stock but I don't think I hit 70mph. I did not have my GPS with me and the speedo stopped working after I hit the first stick. Max rpm is up only 150-200rpm to 4650-4700rpm so if I compare to last year she ran about 68mph.
I pulled a couple of plugs to read and they do look a little rich? Maybe another round of calibration will do the trick.