new to forum >

new to forum

Notices

new to forum

Old 06-07-2004, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to forum

howdy, just picked up a 98 24 step bottom w/ 99 300 promax w/ sportmaster 1.75 ratio i .( no set back , 1/2 inch below pad)can anyone point me in the right direction with prop selection. thanks
Old 06-07-2004, 08:18 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Default Re: new to forum

Welcome Fastxxx, I think your best bet would be to Call John Cohn at Superboat. He could steer you in the right direction. Welcome aboard!! And good luck with you new Boat.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:23 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Welcome Fastxxx!!
I,m not to sure which prop to get you started . I would call John at Superboat , He could steer you in the right direction. Welcome ta the board And good luck on your new boat
Old 06-07-2004, 08:34 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome!
I have an 24' I/O so I am not the best source...
Superbash or O-Zone will be able to help you.
If I had to guess though, 26p four blade with max engine rpm at 5800-6000.
Good Luck!
Old 06-07-2004, 05:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

you need to keep the revs between 6200-6800 rpms. I just aquired a 24p 3 BLADE LIGHTNING ET have yet to pull a speed run... (I also run a 300x on a 24' stepbottom) been out three times with wife and son and that aint gonna happen. Im on vaca next week and plan to get some seat time in. Also have 24p thropthy plus 4blade that I just had labbed a 2nd time (this time by Mercury) and hoping for better results(long story) If ya wanna get more in depth let me know and Ill give ya my cell #. typing is not my thing.
Old 06-07-2004, 07:17 PM
Registered

FASTXXXXXXXXXXX(or no X?) WELCOME!

Oh-ZOne or FastXXX
Correct me, isn't a 99 300 a non-X, lower revver up to 6300 or so...Anyway, I'm running a 04 24 Stepp , 250 Saltwater EFI, 12" Setback, out of the box 26 Trophy Plus, 3 " propshaft centerline, spinning up to it's MAX 5800 trimmed up. Lower RPM motors need to spin a bigger wheel. I just ran 71.1GPS! 1/4 tank solo & flat out trimmed to the f 'n moon. I have been at this with every SB MERC V6 16' -21'- 24' I have owned. I"ll say again. SB's like bowlift. 1/2" below pad you must have mega cavitation planing off (unless your prop is too small), lose prop bite big time in the ruff and won't be able to trim for **** cause your gonna over rev, no bow lift & in turn gonna run slower. Been there. Done that. Yeah, I've been told to "go up with the motor", and believe me I"ve had them up, down ,on the transom ,off the transom. I setup & ran a Hydrostream & a Laser. Different animals. Ran against a 22Activator w/ a 2.5, little choppy, but I never got off and he couldn't catch me(if flat out, different story), I'm an honest person, JC doesn't have a clue what props to run. He said I would run 64-65. I got my own props 24-25-26 and ran them all, at all heights & all conditions. Labbing is to get that last mph out of your set up once everything else is right. OH-ZONE has a 300X with the *lightweight hull layup. I'd have that thing bumping 78. There are 24 stockers running 77GPS with X's. My .0002cents. If you need, I have a 1x used 24 Trophy in box . I think you need bigger. You didn'y say what you had on there now? Just got rid of the 25. Again, welcome. I hope you can post pics.

Last edited by SUPERBASH; 06-07-2004 at 10:17 PM.
Old 06-07-2004, 07:33 PM
Registered

For the SB O/B'er((*GASSTICKS- TRIPPS take note*))))

Just in process of installing *"TIE BARS" on the 24. Someone(initial JC) says you don't need them, but setback & a 3.0 ltre. V6( or those with *TWINS*or *TRIPS*) will wreck a transom. Superboats don't have glassed in "knees" designed into them. This is security, not overkill. Custom fabbed, 5/8" SS rod tying transom into stringers. Did them on the 16 & 21's too. More photos to come as I fabricate and install. Pic 1 - motorwell boots installed.(gotta remove that sticker).Pic 2- 300X's in my future? Pat... You're a well rounded SB'er, I know you are following along.
Attached Thumbnails new to forum-motorwellboots.jpg   new to forum-twin300x.jpg  

Last edited by SUPERBASH; 06-20-2004 at 04:56 PM.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:41 AM
Registered

thanks for the info . i have a 26 chopper avalible is this worth a try? are the 4 blade trophy props the small or large hub?
Old 06-08-2004, 06:44 AM
Registered

Good luck with your new toy fastxxx...

Bash- Nice upgrade on the cabin doors...(loose the sticker though, ha ha ha !)
Old 06-08-2004, 05:17 PM
Registered

Smile Re: new to forum

D.S (S.D.)?
The cabin door thing just bothered me. Shoulda been built right first time. Sticker is coming off & getting stuck to something portable.
FASTX,
You still didn't tell me if you had an X motor or not. Big difference. Try all props you can. Hell, I got a 28 small ear chopper I thru on, but didn't like it. Pics of the Trophy Plus', flotorque II hub kit, both new(only way they sell 'em that I know).WWW.PROPELLERSONLINE.COM
Attached Thumbnails new to forum-trophyplus.jpg  

Quick Reply: new to forum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.