Notices

Hey Patrick

Old 09-30-2004, 11:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Hey Patrick

Hey Condor,
Did you have your platform made locally?
Mine is in need of repair and powder-coating...
Old 09-30-2004, 12:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Are those new motors? How much HP?

I ordered an engine stand (should be here today) and I am going to put it in my garage and play around with it over the winter and try to learn a few things. I can tear apart a computer with my eyes closed but I don't know about an engine. When $$ permits, I'll probably rebuild it and keep it as a spare. I might try to sell the MPI stuff on ebay. You interested?
Old 09-30-2004, 06:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hi Dave,
The red engines are Volvo Penta test engines. Most have less than 30 hours. The ECM on my 1999 7.4MPI read 37 when I bought it. The 8.1s come in both flavors, 375HP and 425HP. Shawn sells engines that are ready to run. A friend of mine bought a small block for his Donzi and is vary happy. Another friend will likely by a big block for his Fountain.
As for a mag MPI unit, I'm hoping to buy a Volvo Penta AZ Speed system from the same connection. I may know someone else that my be interested in yours though. How much $$ you want?
Old 09-30-2004, 07:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Condor24..
Do you have any pics to post yet? I used to own a Condor. It was awesome, my favorite boat to date. A guy in the Greenwich area now owns and is restoring it. Good luck with your project.
Chris
Old 10-01-2004, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys, sorry no pics to post yet,ill get some when i get it more put together (someday) !! i just got out of the hospital after a 2 day stay in the ER. damn kidney stone been after me all summer, 5 times in the ER !! i finally had enough and went under the knife today, now i lose another week on the boat recovering from this, at least its behind me now. pat, i had a local make my platform, his website is allmarinetops.com, mike is his name,my boat was on his site from a few years back, tell him bob brown sent you. he uses someone local to powdercoat. Dave M , measure up your ram when you get a chance,i'll see if it matches mine, i didnt realize they come in different lengths,i hope i have the right one for my boat, it gets tricky with these narrow beams! talk to you guys soon.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hey Condor,

I'll measure it tomorrow. That's part of the reason I was thinking of just buying a whole system. So I am sure everything is matches.

Dave
Old 10-02-2004, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey Dave : my cylinder from end to end is about 1 foot,that doesnt include the extension ram or attaching mounts,just the actual piston housing. XS marine on OSO sells real nice complete dual systems for reasonable $$. thats the route i would've gone,but i got my MM set up from a friend thru a barter deal,i just had to buy the hoses,drive mount, and brazil valve adapter. parts thru marine machine are just ridiculus $$,thank god for ebay! the # for XS is 513-598-9410,ask for alan hilsinger.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:36 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hey Dave,
Have you progressed any with your projects?
Did you pick out a new engine?
Have you determined what is wrong with your old engine? Is it repairable?

I may have a deal for a little more kick in my ride next year...
I'll know more this weekend.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hey Patrick,

The bilge is repainted. It looks better than it did when new. I am re-rigging all my pumps and electronics. I'm putting new connectors on everything. I cut some wedges to put behind my tab pumps to stop them from leaking. I'll post some pics later.

As far as the motor... I am almost 100% sure I am going to buy a brand new 496 HO. The old engine needed rebuilt at a minimum and I don't feel like screwing around with it right now. I will rebuild it as a spare or to sell later. I am going to order the engine in Jan. I hope to be ready to start testing March 1st.

I'm sticking with my single ram steering but I am completing it to the helm. I removed my silent choice. I also removed my speedo and I'm getting a GPS speedo. I should see VERY high 70's with the 496 HO.

See ya,
Dave
Old 11-18-2004, 03:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Dave, it sounds like you have a good plan...
If your boat was running 74-75 with the 385HP, I don't doubt you will be knocking on 80mph with a 425HP.
Good Luck!
I'll be posting a laundry list of my own soon.

Quick Reply: Hey Patrick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.