Notices

Lag bolts for seats

Old 10-04-2004, 07:27 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Lag bolts for seats

Hey Guys,

I want to move my drivers seat back an inch or two. Are the seats just lagged into the floor and bolted to the side? I want to make sure I don't hit the gas tank. Anybody ever remove their seats?

FX10,

How long are the screws used on a new installation? How far forward does the tank go?

Thanks,
Dave M.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Lag bolts for seats

dave funny you should say this.I just did mine last week,back an inch and a half.I moved the rear supporting brace back one hole and only had to drill one hole for that.Redrilled the bottom bolster brace all 3 holes up 1.5 inches and reused the same screw holes in the floor.they are very short and dont go into much.then redrill the 3 in the side to hole the bolster in the boat all about an hour each.no problem.NOW THE TRICK I left the bolsters the same height and lowered the bottom 4 inches so I sit lower in the boat with the bolster higher under my arm pit.No more wind in my face.I made some brackets so the bottom still swings away but sits lower in the bolster.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

The lowered seat sounds cool. Do you have any pics? That's a good idea for the floor screws. For the side I have two bolts. I hoped to drill new holes in the angle iron so I would not have to drill more holes in the boat. I don't know if I will be able to get away with that or not. The bolts are close to the ends of the angle iron already.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My Wife Said Your Working On The Seats Again Then Sat In It.loves It.higher Sides No Wind In The Face.now My Knees Dont Hit The Dash Any More.i Will Try To Get Some Picks On Wed Night Hopefully Going Out.need To Test My Prop Diameter To See If I Can Get Away With A 15 And Still Plain Off.by The Way I Will Be In Md From 17th To 20th Maybe We Could Hook Up.