Notices

Sutphen ?

Old 10-31-2007, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM
Guys .... where is Sutphen now located ?

Are they still building boats ?

If so , I need their contact info ?

Thanks !

JM

Yes, Sutphen is still building boats.
Rich Sr is in Cape Coral

Rich Jr has moved his shop to Florida as well.
Jr. is building the 21' and 26' boats. He has a new shop were they are doing fiberglass , paint , custom rigging and restoration work.

Jr phone # is 239-220-0805 or email at [email protected]
Old 11-01-2007, 11:25 PM
Registered

GOOD LUCK TKO , Walter hope you win. can't wait for the new pokerruns next yr you were talking about it was a good time this yr at fallriver I hope to get my knee fixed so I can get my boat together and do some racing in 08. artie
Old 11-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

"The new hull is 8/9 mph faster than any previous hull and I'll be racing it in Key West.

BEST OF LUCK WALT !!!!
Old 11-03-2007, 07:29 AM
Registered

I think several years ago Jim Goodrich was approached by Sutphen to deal again in the NE and I guess they coulden't come to terms or the delivery of boats would be too questionable.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

hey woody!
got any pics of that '72 you'd like to post?
C
Old 11-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Registered

Just in case you are not up to speed, Richie Jr. Packed up and left. I had hoped he had outgrown his chip. Richie Sr. is still in business at the same location and is working on a refreshed deck for the new hull. It has a similarity to the MTI back which is breaking tradition with the "Classic" Sutphen look.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Freeze Frame has a shot of the new TKO in the wet pits..check out the FF site...

Originally Posted by TKO
Chris and Rich are doin excellent and
are good friends. I was in the shop a couple weeks ago delivering my boat, a 40' full cabin pleasure boat richie built for me over two years. The new hull is 8/9 mph faster than any previous hull and I'll be racing it in Key West. Rich has been fine tuning my boat on his own time. The New 40 Foot plug he has designed is completely different, beautiful and aerodynamically futuristic looking. That along with the designs and tweeks in the hull make this the boat of the future and very marketable and available soon. Chris and Rich are turning a new page in offshore and will be accompanying me in Key West. Chris and Rich are the most accessable and honest people in performance boating. So if you're in Key West for the World's stop by the dry pits and say hello.
Sutphens=Integrity in boats and as people.
-Walt
Old 11-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Registered

When I bought my sutphen, it was already over fifteen (15) years old. I had a few questions and called the shop on several occaisions. Every time, either Rich Sr was there to talk or returned the call within 24hrs. All in all, he spent at least a hour with me on the phone and the last time my boat made him any money the first George Bush was President! A true class act.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Registered

Default What is real?

We all have issues in life. These guys know how to build boats with a simple yet proven hull, cut thru any wave but know what is behind you. When the drive takes a dive you treat it like a bee hive and launch. When you launch after the bite and if you are good its the next wave you will bite and the rest is history. Ted
Old 12-13-2007, 09:19 PM
Registered

Hi Mr Gott I heard your name often. One sut to another!

Quick Reply: Sutphen ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.