Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sutphen
Sutphen Pics-Let's See Em' >

Sutphen Pics-Let's See Em'

Notices

Sutphen Pics-Let's See Em'

Old 01-21-2008, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

The S-464 picture is the " Magic J "....Now TOASTY. not G.A.

LS

Last edited by Lucky Strike Jr; 01-21-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lucky strike
The S-464 picture is the " Magic J "....Now TOASTY. not G.A.

LS
Holly ****, those are some awesome, photo's keep them comeing...

I dont understand so s-464 was your dad's than the new owner kept it blue and called it magic J, than was sold again now toasty.. is it not red now???
Old 01-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 163 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Len S

I dont understand so s-464 was your dad's than the new owner kept it blue and called it magic J, than was sold again now toasty.. is it not red now???
No, the blue 30' (not GA) was originally called Nick The Greek. It was built as a "S" class boat with no backseat, just a 3 man bolster and long dash. My dad bought the boat in 81-82ish (after he sold the blue GA). He took the name off, and used it for awhile with no name. Then, he decided to name it Magic "J" and later sold it. I'm not sure when the boat was changed to red but it was after my dad sold it. TOASTY would know when it was changed.

My dad ran GA from 1979-1981. That was a production boat with the short dash and backseat. The boat won a crazy amount of races but in the Miami race, 1981, they busted the bottom. The boat was not the same after they fixed it and he sold it. I found out a few years ago it's in NH and owned by "Thomas Anderson." I don't think it has been in the water in almost 20 years though.

There are (2) Great Adventure Sutphens....the blue 1978 30' and the white 1988 31' which we own.

Last edited by Lucky Strike Jr; 01-21-2008 at 08:10 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Registered

Hey Bobby,

is this you???

looks like ya drew the course map on the dash wit crayons

Still doesnt beat the time my navigatot taped the map to the dash upside down
Attached Thumbnails Sutphen Pics-Let's See Em'-bob%2520on%2520throttles.jpg  
Old 01-21-2008, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ed painted the hull sides white after trying to get the name off the boat when he bought the boat from steve. He couldnt remove the name without burning the gel coat so he preped it and sprayed it in imron with the deck still blue. Then he sold it, but kinda didnt want to sell it to a man in ventnor NJ and he sprayed the deck that was blue, red. I just never had enough time to change it back, and i kinda like the red.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr
No, the blue 30' (not GA) was originally called Nick The Greek. It was built as a "S" class boat with no backseat, just a 3 man bolster and long dash. My dad bought the boat in 81-82ish (after he sold the blue GA). He took the name off, and used it for awhile with no name. Then, he decided to name it Magic "J" and later sold it. I'm not sure when the boat was changed to red but it was after my dad sold it. TOASTY would know when it was changed.

My dad ran GA from 1979-1981. That was a production boat with the short dash and backseat. The boat won a crazy amount of races but in the Miami race, 1981, they busted the bottom. The boat was not the same after they fixed it and he sold it. I found out a few years ago it's in NH and owned by "Thomas Anderson." I don't think it has been in the water in almost 20 years though.

There are (2) Great Adventure Sutphens....the blue 1978 30' and the white 1988 31' which we own.

WoW, thanks for the info, that's all very interesting,
they busted the bottom. would it still be a good boat if it was to come for sale with that bottom problem, even though it was fixed

You and you dad have a good hold on whats going on out there, please let me know if any race set up's were to come for sale

were would most sutphens still be now a days.. what area's would be best to keep an eye out for one

Last edited by Len S; 01-21-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Hey Bobby,

is this you???

looks like ya drew the course map on the dash wit crayons

Still doesnt beat the time my navigatot taped the map to the dash upside down
Yep, that was me! I was like 4 or 5 in that picture.

WoW, thanks for the info, that's all very interesting,
they busted the bottom. would it still be a good boat if it was to come for sale with that bottom problem, even though it was fixed

You and you dad have a good hold on whats going on out there, please let me know if any race set up's were to come for sale

were would most sutphens still be now a days.. what area's would be best to keep an eye out for one
It was a good boat but the speeds were way off after the bottom was fixed. It ran 70mph w/the 280's and then after the bottom was fixed I think it ran 62mph. The boat definatley has a lot of history. I don't know if the owner wants to sell it, I know he did at one point.

The old Sutphen race boats are few and far between and usually when they come up for sale they sell fairly quick.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Son of Flapjack.....here ya go
Attached Thumbnails Sutphen Pics-Let's See Em'-flapjack2.jpg  
Old 01-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some more oldies. The last one is an egg beater setup.
Attached Thumbnails Sutphen Pics-Let's See Em'-dollar-bill.jpg   Sutphen Pics-Let's See Em'-genimage.jpg   Sutphen Pics-Let's See Em'-surface-grinder.jpg  

Old 01-21-2008, 11:27 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

More. I believe number 999 in the first pic was a 30 Sutphen.
Attached Thumbnails Sutphen Pics-Let's See Em'-999.jpg   Sutphen Pics-Let's See Em'-nick-greek.jpg  
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Sutphen Pics-Let's See Em'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.