Sutphen Pics-Let's See Em' >

Sutphen Pics-Let's See Em'

Notices

Sutphen Pics-Let's See Em'

Old 01-26-2008, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 818181
I paid $25,000.00 for "Inferno" in 2004,Remember it needed [2] motor's,Bolster, etc.,I think 10k to 15k is good. Also my boat is the first Sutphen built to race ,that's why the higher price! I think this is a side by side setup also. It was the "original" "Gypsy Man" & raced up North.My throttleman Mike know's the boat back in the day.I'll get some more info.!
Ya i think there asking too much also $$.... I called them and they email a few pic's, but they dont show much,

They were going to have someone call me, But regarless once the work was all done and the money spent to finish, You might never get that kind of money back out of it... Im sure others would look at the price If one of us ever wanted to sell, and look at the other newer boats that could be bought for the same price...

Did this boat have any major problem over its race days, is the hull good ex e ex. If my Mag sold i would look at it but would not pay that much for it.. 11hr dive for me there + i have a chopper ordered so the Mag has to go..

Last edited by Len S; 01-26-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:19 PM
Registered

Guys where were all the Sutphen dealers, someone said a while back that most of the boats were in the ________ area????????, were do you see or find most are these days
Old 01-26-2008, 12:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Len,

I've read that the big dealer back in the day was Jim Goodrich, AKA "Offshore Speed & Ski",in Stonington, CT which is why so many originated in the NE. I think that is where mine originally came from. I believe they don't have dealers now and sell direct. By now, they're dispersed around the country, but I read of more sightings in the NE.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

[QUOTE=Crash-Box I wish I never sold her !!!
[/QUOTE]

I think everyone who has sold their Sutphen has at one time or another said " I wish I never sold her."
I know as I think back I have said it twice in the past.
Unless you have owned, driven, throttled or raced one you have no idea what they are all about.

LS
Old 01-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jammin'
Len,

I've read that the big dealer back in the day was Jim Goodrich, AKA "Offshore Speed & Ski",in Stonington, CT which is why so many originated in the NE. I think that is where mine originally came from. I believe they don't have dealers now and sell direct. By now, they're dispersed around the country, but I read of more sightings in the NE.
when you say, CT and NE your meaning what????? as im not up on my u.s towns and citys..( sorry)
Is yours a race or pleasure..

were did you here of some???

Last edited by Len S; 01-26-2008 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CT = Connecticut and NE = northeast US. By "hear of some" I mean from searching the web for information and reading old posts here and on other forums. I find postings from guys like me who have bought one and now want to know all about them.

Mine is a pleasure boat.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Cool Sutphen pic's

Len, He means Stonington, Connecticut, in the New England area! I bought my 1st Sutphen there in 1983,a 20ft'r ,with get this [Berkley Jet-Drive],powered by a 460 Big Block Ford!That boat ran 60mph all day long!!Jim Goodrich was the #1 dealer for Sutphen back in the day!
Old 01-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Cool Sutphen

Crash box,"Inferno" is a '77,I also remember "Black Magic" Another 70's 30ft'r down here in CT.All black with a witch's broom painted on the side's. Also my boat was the original "Outrageous" throttled by Billy Frenz & "Barry's Moova", owned by Carl Berry from Mass.! My throttleman Mike also ran it back in the day with Carl.........................!
Old 01-26-2008, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

818181, Then "Inferno" was hull #1
"Magic Gems" hull#2 Ran by (Bobby Moore)
"Endless Flight" hull #3
I beleive those were the only three for that year??? Race built..
Not sure??? Lost track.............Very cool!
Grazzi !!!
Old 01-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 818181
Len, He means Stonington, Connecticut, in the New England area! I bought my 1st Sutphen there in 1983,a 20ft'r ,with get this [Berkley Jet-Drive],powered by a 460 Big Block Ford!That boat ran 60mph all day long!!Jim Goodrich was the #1 dealer for Sutphen back in the day!
Hey, Thanks guys for the info and explaning your area's and where the boats came from..

Quick Reply: Sutphen Pics-Let's See Em'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.