what kind of speed out of a 26??? >

what kind of speed out of a 26???

Notices

what kind of speed out of a 26???

Old 07-27-2008, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats funny I want to go Pglide from my TH400.LOL

Turbos like to be loaded hard and the glide's gearing does well for that.

Not ready yet just sunk $$$$ into the sutphen.

What do you want for it I'll pass the info to some friends.

Did you get your sutphen?
Old 07-28-2008, 09:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
Thats funny I want to go Pglide from my TH400.LOL

Turbos like to be loaded hard and the glide's gearing does well for that.

Not ready yet just sunk $$$$ into the sutphen.

What do you want for it I'll pass the info to some friends.

Did you get your sutphen?
what do you have for a th 400?

as for my Glide, its a huges, pro built with DB alum SFI case, pro transbrake deep pan, th-400 drum (so you can use th-400 converters) its rated to 2000 hp
i paid over 4500 for it, its 2 years old with about 100 passes on it. fluid has been changed atleast 6 times, and filter atleast 3 times.
i was asking $3800 for a little while, but it didnt sell. I will let it go for $3300 plus shipping, if it doesnt sell at that price i'll keep it. the tranny is flawless never missed a beat and will take anything i want to throw at it.
the issue is i run 2 classes one on motor one on spray the car isnt fast enouph on motor to compeat without a huge gear in the back to get it rolling, and with that huge gear i can only run around 151 mph @ 8500 rpm, so i need to gear it which will kill me on motor so the TH-400 is all i can do, let me know what you have, maybe we can work somthing out.

as for the 26, it was gone!!!!! i went to go look at it and it was gone. asked what happened they said the guy decided not to sell
so i made up my mind, im waiting till next year to buy a boat, this season is close to wrap up and i start racing again in about 1 month, so screw it, i'll find somthing closer to spring or over the winter
Old 07-29-2008, 09:18 AM
Registered

My turbo 400 is a dynamic, Its got all the good clutches, trans brake is old school but works, I'd change it.
I had i freshened recently and it has maybe 15 passes on it since the freshen.

IT has the 34 element sprag, stock case but has a JW bell and a shield.
I make 878 HP and it works well for me.
Not sure it it would handle 2000 HP though.

It was a friend of mines trans and he had it freshened and while it was out decided to go to a glide so Bought it.
I knew it was good trans but it fit chevy so since I run a pontiac I had to go to the JW bell.
Its not a big dollar unit like yours it is probably a $950.00 trans used W/O converter.

The turbo car doesn't need to much tranny because I load it progressively so it doesn't eat up transmissions like an all out effort would.
I come out with very little boost . Its really set up like a bracket car.

Probably not the trans for you.

Thats too bad about the sutphen not being there. I had mine out over the weekend and had a blast with it.

I am still not too keen on the outboards they are definately faster but, I like the rumble of the I/O still. These are open exhaust outboards too.

I am hoping the sound will grow on me.

The nice thing is your not upside down under the hatch to work on them though you can stand up like a human being and work on them.
They have thier pros and cons I guess.

Where are you located anyway?
Old 07-29-2008, 09:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
My turbo 400 is a dynamic, Its got all the good clutches, trans brake is old school but works, I'd change it.
I had i freshened recently and it has maybe 15 passes on it since the freshen.

IT has the 34 element sprag, stock case but has a JW bell and a shield.
I make 878 HP and it works well for me.
Not sure it it would handle 2000 HP though.

It was a friend of mines trans and he had it freshened and while it was out decided to go to a glide so Bought it.
I knew it was good trans but it fit chevy so since I run a pontiac I had to go to the JW bell.
Its not a big dollar unit like yours it is probably a $950.00 trans used W/O converter.

The turbo car doesn't need to much tranny because I load it progressively so it doesn't eat up transmissions like an all out effort would.
I come out with very little boost . Its really set up like a bracket car.

Probably not the trans for you.

Thats too bad about the sutphen not being there. I had mine out over the weekend and had a blast with it.

I am still not too keen on the outboards they are definately faster but, I like the rumble of the I/O still. These are open exhaust outboards too.

I am hoping the sound will grow on me.

The nice thing is your not upside down under the hatch to work on them though you can stand up like a human being and work on them.
They have thier pros and cons I guess.

Where are you located anyway?
yea, that tranny probably wont cut it. im hoping to make around 1000-1100 hp once i do the tranny/gear swap.
i make about 850-900 right now with 100 shot, im going to bump it to a 200-250 shot once i swap tranny/gear. i need a hard core tranny because im full force right out of the hole

I know its not a boat, but i guess its my post, i can clutter it. lol

its a lsx block, 427 CI 14.5-1 compression fuel injected motor.
myself and a friend built the motor. i did 99% of the car myself, from wiring, tuning, painting, etc etc.
the cage, chute and wheelie bars where done at a chassie shop, but i do all the suspention etc etc.
good times.

im in peabody MA

i deal allot with east side performance in Wallingford CT
Old 07-29-2008, 09:38 AM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Took mine out on Sunday and enjoyed the $hit out of it. Still haven't got the right props but she felt fast (i left my GPS at home). I think I finally have the trim dialed.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Registered

heres a vid, not great and not the hardest launch. lol

i think this was a 9.1 pass with a 100 shot

Old 07-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Registered

Sweet car, Heres a video of mine smokin an inmport at the valley!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgyMl...eature=related

It was a day with a really bad head wind, last day of the year track was slick as hell so I had only 11 psi boost. ran 10.00 at like 129 or something.

My trans will handle 1500 or so HP . anything more I'd start saving for a new one. LOL

I wouldn't be afraid to put 1100 Hp to it. I have a wheels up pic of it but can't post here give me your email and I will send it to you.

I am not sure where peabody Ma is but I am 45 minutes from wallingford. We used to do some street racing down that way a while back.

Do you know the schrivners?

I am tired of driving 2+ hrs for 21 seconds on the track.
Its just not fun anymore thats why I got back into boating. at least your spending money to enjoy more time in the sport.

I used to work on a GT1 road race team years ago and that interests me but to be at that level you spend some $$$
I have too many damn hobbies I need to spread the $$ around a little.LOL

It makes it so your not doing anything well but at least your in the game no matter what the game is at the time.LOL

check out the TR6 with the turbo pontiac motor, and DOC Z's camaro those are some friends of mines cars. Turbo Peopl tunes the camaro the TR6 is a alomost identical set up to mine and its running 8:60's right now at 20 PSI

Last edited by 30ctsutphen; 07-29-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Registered

nice ride, i love LVD!!

as for the glide, let me know, maybe we can work something out.

as for toys, i have pretty much one of everything, cars, trucks, sleds, 4 wheelers, gun collection, knife collection, tool collection, half a boat. lol love the toys but it spreads the weath thin
Old 07-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Registered

Boy that sounds like my exact list of collections except I snow board instead of run sleds. DOnt want to tow in the winter too.

I shoot alot at metacon range in simsbury CT you should come out sometime.
I have a 250 R 4trax, and a CR500 haven't used them in two years.

I got spoiled riding in glamis now it sucks here!!!

Last edited by 30ctsutphen; 07-29-2008 at 06:51 PM. Reason: because if I went back to school today Id be in remedial spelling class
Old 07-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Registered

you should come down and go for a ride in my outboard 26 and get a feel how they ride.

The outboard boat is a whole different boat I think. well have to get C, out there so we have something to compare it to as far as ride and weight. His boat will give you a god indication as to what Stultz boat is like.

Mine has alot less weight on the back but the engines (weight) also sit farther back so I am not sure how that will change things.
Mine also has a stand off box which puts the props back even farther.

I may be going out for a quick run friday if your interested. Wont know until last minute though as usual. I am a contractor and it all depends how the day/weeks work goes.

Quick Reply: what kind of speed out of a 26???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.