Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sutphen
21SS in Milford, CT >

21SS in Milford, CT

Notices

21SS in Milford, CT

Old 08-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buddy of mine, Fobes on the board had an older 20'. Did handle pretty good but not like his Minx. Is there a value in increasing deadrise in a 20" boat? This little Sutphen is certainly a quality hotrod in my book, but what about making it a little more ocean worthy, as far as handling bigger water for the nuts that cant afford a 30+ foot boat, but aren't afraid of big water? Bill
Old 08-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, my 20 was a good boat but could have benefitted from a increase in deadrise for sure.

I am not sure what our old 21 ft NOVA (1973) was, but that boat was a good boat for being such a small package in the rough stuff.

Spitfire, My wife just started a comunications business with the name spitfire. She does alot of work in boston too.
Her grandfather when passing away froma brain tumor used to refer to our daughter as the spitfire before she was born. He never got to see her so we named the business that in honor of him.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:35 AM
Registered

Ron, Sutphen Boats should start supplying some of the loyal Sutphen owners some T shirts and deacals for our trucks.
The more you guys can get the name out there in the public eye the more interest in the boats.

This would be a very inexpensive way to advertise and it would get the name and logo out to the right places, The boat launches, marinas, bars and restaurants where boaters go.

Maybe sponsor some little events like local beach volley ball events etc. Get the name out there more.
Alot of people in our area know the sutphen name but they know them as those really strong older boats.

Thats not the image that I would think helps sell new boats.

Maybe even sponsor some car race teams,
I know GT1 teams (here in CT) that would put the sutphen name on the car for a few thousand dollars and they race side by side with Paul Newman.

Many car racers are also into the power boat thing.
I know a lot of drag racers who do both.

Sutphen is such a good company with an incredible history.
Theres a really good potential for increased sales I would think if marketed more agressively and it doesn't have to cost alot.

I was part joking with the hooker post but really I think the pavillion and americas cup are great places for a 21 ft boat to be showing off.

Its a tough economy but now is a good time to get things rolling so when the economy comes back and guys have alittle extra $$ to buy something they look for a sutphen and not some other make. You need to show sutphen as a lifestyle not just a boat.

Just thinking out loud.
I am excited to have sutphens being sold in CT again.

They know scarab , they know cigarette, fountain and, formula its about time they know sutphen.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

yeah, what he said...
Old 08-30-2008, 06:33 PM
CMC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Currently the 21 closed deck market is limited. How many 22 Donzi Classics do you think they sell in a year? Lets say its 50... I think if all those customers looked at Rich Jr.'s new model.....25 would buy one. I can tell you first hand that the Sut will out run and out handle a Classic. I've always told Rich that a showdown done by Powerboat or Hot Boat would be a great Idea, problem is that Donzi spends ALOT of $$$$$$$ with the big magazines.
I think one of the reasons they dont currently have the name recognition is that Sr. has not built many boats in the last 10 - 20 years.
Jr. is working his tail off to bring back the SUTPHEN name to the top. Once a few orders are placed...things will start to roll.
There is room to be excited about what Rich Jr. is doing. The 31 and the 27 will be smokin'.
That being said, shirts and stickers at a few poker runs will not hurt.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:04 PM
Registered

I know I will do my part to help get the sutphen name back to the top and I am sure all you guys are willing to do the same.
They just need to enlist us because your right once a few NEW suts get out there it will be a snowball effect but I think the best advertisement right now is current sutphen owners and the more of us showing off the name in more places the better.

It can only help the value of our boats as well.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:11 PM
Registered

Default Sutphen stuff

30sutphen, C, and any others looking for Sutphen shirts and stickers just give me a call or email your size and address to me and I will get them out to you.

You guys should stop by the Norwalk show in a few weeks and check out the new boats we have for sale and on display.

Rich Sutphen JR , Ron Lombard and I will be at the show to answer any questions about the new boats, sell you guys Sutphen stickers and shirts or even sell you a new boat.

Thanks

Morgan Haak
Sutphen Performance Group
[email protected]
Old 08-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by talon25
30sutphen, C, and any others looking for Sutphen shirts and stickers just give me a call or email your size and address to me and I will get them out to you.

You guys should stop by the Norwalk show in a few weeks and check out the new boats we have for sale and on display.

Rich Sutphen JR , Ron Lombard and I will be at the show to answer any questions about the new boats, sell you guys Sutphen stickers and shirts or even sell you a new boat.

Thanks

Morgan Haak
Sutphen Performance Group
[email protected]
so is this boat for sale ?
what are the spec's ?
Old 08-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

America's Cup (still on the CT river?) rocks! Great place to show off boats, and pull tail.

Send me a Sutphen shirt to wear on the westcoast. My OSO t-shirt is getting a bit thin...
Old 08-30-2008, 11:08 PM
Registered

Nah dave theres no tail there.LOL

If you cant get some there you might as well pull the plug out of the boat for the ride home.
The bars down in newport and LA are't to shabby either.

Christ, all you have to do is say you have a screen play coming out and they fall over with thier legs in the air.LOL

I used to go to GLamis but Id start out in huntington beach. Meet up with my buddy SABI from recreation Unlimited and drive out to glamis man we had a blast out there.

I need to get back out there one of these days.

A couple friends of mine will be out for a wedding in san diego in few weeks you should hook up with them and go out for a few nights.
They will be going wild I am sure.
They are all from Bristol. In fact they made the movie the Bristol boys!
Have you seen it?
Its loosely based on a bunch of guys I grew up with over there.
I have copies for sale if anyone wants one.
$15.00

Quick Reply: 21SS in Milford, CT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.