Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sutphen
YO, 30ctsutphen, new best this weekend. >

YO, 30ctsutphen, new best this weekend.

Notices

YO, 30ctsutphen, new best this weekend.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking YO, 30ctsutphen, new best this weekend.

i went to the track this weekend, had an issue with my trans brake only got 2 passes in and neither one was clean do to the transbrake and traction, but i ended up with a
8.7 @ 155 126 in the 1/8
im pretty sure the car will go a .50 or atleast a .60 next time out if all goes well.

just an update.

PS. Sutphen rules
Old 11-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Registered

WOW great numbers. My car is still down.

Havent had time to do anything.

What was the set up?
How much juice?

any video
Old 12-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Registered

Noyzee, I opened up the long block today and I was right No 2 cylinder was cooked.

Melted the hell out of the top ring land.

I bought Gen 7 DFI for the car tired of tuning under boost with a carb. I am going to make some new custom SS headers over the winter. NOt sure if I am gonna go fatser or try and make it a bracket car next year and run conservative 10.00 with the car but the Gen 7 should go along way towards keeping it consistent and healthy.
Probably gonna Have Job Spetter at Turbo People tune the car and about 17 PSI is the goal.

It made 878 HP at 11 PSI last year carbd and ran 9.70 at 145 with a 171 60 Ft time so even if I back off the tune and 60 ft inproves it should run faster.

I will tune for more(17psi) and dial it back (9 psi) for brackets.

I may add a new trans brake as well over the winter mine was not the best brake out there.

Are you still going to atco or anything over the winter?
Old 12-08-2008, 09:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
Noyzee, I opened up the long block today and I was right No 2 cylinder was cooked.

Melted the hell out of the top ring land.

I bought Gen 7 DFI for the car tired of tuning under boost with a carb. I am going to make some new custom SS headers over the winter. NOt sure if I am gonna go fatser or try and make it a bracket car next year and run conservative 10.00 with the car but the Gen 7 should go along way towards keeping it consistent and healthy.
Probably gonna Have Job Spetter at Turbo People tune the car and about 17 PSI is the goal.

It made 878 HP at 11 PSI last year carbd and ran 9.70 at 145 with a 171 60 Ft time so even if I back off the tune and 60 ft inproves it should run faster.

I will tune for more(17psi) and dial it back (9 psi) for brackets.

I may add a new trans brake as well over the winter mine was not the best brake out there.

Are you still going to atco or anything over the winter?
that sucks, but its part of racing.
as for your car, tune it in to run either 9.5 or 10.5 and run with us in the outlaw quick street class. its fun as hell. i run the 8.5 class, and about 15 buddys of mine run 9.5, 10.5 and 11.5 class.
its fun as hell. theres 1-2 races a month, money prize for 1st and 2nd, points etc. i run april and may, then go boating, then run september and october then dig the sleds out for grass drags. lol yesterday was the last day for grass drags, this week im going back to my ice/trail set up and we will be running the ice in NH next sunday at turkey pond!!
Old 12-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Registered

So if I set it to run a 9.5 is it an index with break out rules like the brackets?

Do you only run at epping?

Pro tree or .5 tree?
Old 12-09-2008, 08:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
So if I set it to run a 9.5 is it an index with break out rules like the brackets?

Do you only run at epping?

Pro tree or .5 tree?
yes, 9.5 with no break out.
during qual you can break out but that puts you at the bottom racing the #1 guy.

its a great class and some real close racing!!

i used to go all over, LVD, MIR, atco, cecil, island but i have got out of it allot since i got my boat, ive enjoyed the heat allot more chillin with a cold beer and girls in bikkini's then sitting in a fire suit in a 120 degree car
Old 12-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Registered

aint that the truth.
I remember those hot 120 degree days in the car sweating my A%$ off at Etown in the dead of summer, dreading the ride over the tappanzee bridge on the way home stuck in traffic all for 30 some odd seconds of racing.

Now I chill on the sutphen and have fun all day. Jump in the nice clean LI sound(LOL) when I am hot and have fun.

How is it no break out rules though?

So if you run a 9.40 during eliminations Whats the deal do you try and run right on the number?
Or is it heads up?
I could just turn up the boost and go faster every round so that wouldnt work out for the N/A guys
doesnt make sense to me to not have a break out rule.

I like to race the beging and end of the season now. the sunday racers can have that all year crap.

Thats Why I liked racing NETO(north east timing organization) it was 5 races a year pick the ones you wanted, but then it changed so you got extra points for going to additional races and it killed that class for me because you had to go to all of them to be competitive.

Anybody else in sutphen land a drag racer?
Old 12-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Registered

its a 9.5 index class its heads up first one down to the end without going faster then 9.5 wins. if you look up quick street on ned's web site its all in there.
good times. i race spring and fall, thats it. i might do 3-5 real races and 10 TT
Old 12-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Registered

Thats about my schedule too. Less last year but thats cause it broke.
LOL

I used to go to NED with NETO sometimes The beach was great but finding parking at hotels at the beach was tough.