Nice 39 for sale!!!

Notices

Nice 39 for sale!!!

Old 10-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
Its definately a nice ride but I am in construction and although I am busy as hell right now, I am pinching pennies just in case.

never know what next month will bring in this business
Amen.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Registered

Jammin , are you in construction too?

My brother was going to buy that sutphen you own but the owner wouldnt budge on price at the time. I hear you stole it in the end.

Was it as nice as it seemed or did it NEED all the work you did to it.
Its one of the nicer looking OP's I have seen but then my 26 and my 20 looked alot like it so I guess its just my taste.

I cant beleive no one has snapped this 39 up yet. Its a nice clean looking sutphen.

Talk about a wave crusher.

Last edited by 30ctsutphen; 10-09-2008 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm a roofing contractor. The last two months we haven't gotten a significant amount of work in until this week. Last week we were at 10% of the amount of work under contract we had last year at this time. Lots of bidding, lots of plans and lots of indications that things were coming in, but no contracts. And they ask my why I drink. A few nice jobs are coming in now, but it really makes you think about contingency plans. I have long time employees with families and mortgages. I worry a lot.

The Sutphen was quite clean, but the biggest problem was that one of the risers was leaking and took out a couple of cylinders. I suspect that was the root cause of the previous wiped cam right before I bought it. I pretty much ignored the warning signs. I just wanted the boat. I think I ended up doing too much at one time. There was a whole lot of "while we're doing this, we might as well.....". If I had it to do again, I would probably go for a little milder tune on the engines in the interests of long term reliability.

It's my classic hot rod now.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Registered

Thats a cool boat and although you went a little overbroad (in your opinion) Its a great looking boat that you can certainly be very proud of.

hopefully, once its done it wont cost you anything for awhile.

just keep the tune fat and it should. Thats what I always did with my turbocharged drag car and it worked well for many years until I got greedy with the boost.

It would seem you'll still have alot less in it than many people with lessor quality boats IMO.