Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sutphen
Did Wstultz sell the rum runner in the classifieds? >

Did Wstultz sell the rum runner in the classifieds?

Notices

Did Wstultz sell the rum runner in the classifieds?

Old 12-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did Wstultz sell the rum runner in the classifieds?

I see the rum runner is gone did it sell?

Just keeping tabs on whats selling and whats not and for how much.

considering possibly selling the 26 and moving up but not sure nows the time.

Plus there are so many advantages to the smaller boat and the outboards its a tough descision.

benefits both ways I guess bigger vs smaller, and that size(26 to 30+) is kind of right on the bump really. IMO
Old 12-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I just recently put a butt-load of work on her. Fixed the messed up upholstery and all of the gel coat dings. Almost done fixing the wiring disaster.....my least favorite job.

I've had a few people look at her but so far all were trying to low ball me. I'm open to offers but am not in a hurry to sell. A guy is suppossed to come by this weekend from FL to take a look. It will give me an excuse to take her out in the cold and rip it up.

Last edited by wstultz; 12-09-2008 at 05:53 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How close are you to dallas?
a freind of mine has a spectator box at the drag strip there in the tower for the pinks all out and I am thinking of coming down in april.

I wouldnt take to much off your price its a fair deal for the boat if its as nice as it looks in the pics.

I know I love the rum runner but when it gets nasty out there it would be nice to have little bigger boat. Something like a dominator.
Maybe not that big. The problem is then you lose mobility or at least the ease of mobility. Sure if i got a toter home or sidekick or something I could tow it but even then its too big and a PITA.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

33 / 35 is the best size . loves any kind of water you throw at it,,, In my honest opinion 30 &31 are not much more than a 26.
dont get me wrong, I LOVED my 26 but eventually I realized that, on the ocean ya need over 30 ft. to really get a good ride!
..... and 39 dominators require big power and a big dually truck.
I use my 1500. vortec max tow package ( 6.0) and it is perfect for the 35! plus all year long I dont have to drive a big bulky truck!
did I mention that the boat is always for sale!
Attached Thumbnails Did Wstultz sell the rum runner in the classifieds?-img_0002.jpg   Did Wstultz sell the rum runner in the classifieds?-img_0004.jpg   Did Wstultz sell the rum runner in the classifieds?-img_0155.jpg  

Old 12-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
How close are you to dallas?
a freind of mine has a spectator box at the drag strip there in the tower for the pinks all out and I am thinking of coming down in april.

I wouldnt take to much off your price its a fair deal for the boat if its as nice as it looks in the pics.

I know I love the rum runner but when it gets nasty out there it would be nice to have little bigger boat. Something like a dominator.
Maybe not that big. The problem is then you lose mobility or at least the ease of mobility. Sure if i got a toter home or sidekick or something I could tow it but even then its too big and a PITA.

Dallas is about three hours north of me. Bring it. We can go rip up the local lake.

Lettrrip, the 35 looks great.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Never to small for the ocean
Attached Thumbnails Did Wstultz sell the rum runner in the classifieds?-greatadventure.jpg   Did Wstultz sell the rum runner in the classifieds?-p1060806.jpg  
Old 12-10-2008, 09:18 AM
Registered

Never said it was..... I said the real "feeling" of a "difference" in ride quality without getting too big, is going from a 26 to a 35.
simple fact.

as we all know any of the four sizes (26,30,35, 40) can ALL hang no doubt.

It's like comparing a "Quad" to a "Baja trophy truck" as far as comfort goes.

wave wise they all can crush it!
Old 12-10-2008, 10:24 AM
CMC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rich Jr. once told me that " Racing starts at 30 feet" !!
Old 12-10-2008, 12:56 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

funny, my father always says you need 38ft or more to span the waves in the NE atlantic.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it all depends on who you have behind the wheel
my 30 feels like a Caddy in 4-5s but thats because the boats weight is right on and a few other things... on a good day...i can walk 38 35 cigs in rough, really rough water and the ride is amazing the only trouble i have is the peach fuzz on my face near my cheeks gets all tingley

Quick Reply: Did Wstultz sell the rum runner in the classifieds?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.