30' with Small Blocks

Notices

30' with Small Blocks

Old 01-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 30' with Small Blocks

Anyone tried 500hp small blocks on an Ocean Pacer without transmissions? Balance? Speed?
Old 01-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Registered

Robert, A pair of healthy small blocks and some XR's sure would be a tough combo to beat in an old 30.

Morgan
Sutphen Performance Group
Old 01-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I first picked up my old Ocean Pacer she had old worn out 520 HP small blocks that would turn 6500RPMs in her. She had transmissions and Arneson surface drives, can't help you without those. I only saw mid-high 80's before those engines blew sky high but suppossedly she ran 92. As far as the balance, it was like a tank.

Your boat looks great. Are you just trying to get a feel for what kind of #'s you can expect when Summer comes around? I would probably guess with normal drives you should be mid 80's.
Attached Thumbnails 30' with Small Blocks-3-3-07.jpg   30' with Small Blocks-ocetds055-2-.jpg  

Last edited by wstultz; 01-06-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by wstultz
Your boat looks great. Are you just trying to get a feel for what kind of #'s you can expect when Summer comes around? I would probably guess with normal drives you should be mid 80's.
I've got a pair of new small blocks I had built for blowers sitting in the shop gathering dust from my last project and I started daydreaming about what would be the optimum setup for that hull. Mostly it's just winter .
Old 01-07-2009, 06:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I first picked up my old Ocean Pacer she had old worn out 520 HP small blocks that would turn 6500RPMs in her. She had transmissions and Arneson surface drives, can't help you without those. I only saw mid-high 80's before those engines blew sky high but suppossedly she ran 92. As far as the balance, it was like a tank.

Nace pic's of your old boat, ( Still Looking for a 3 man )
Old 01-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Len S
Nace pic's of your old boat, ( Still Looking for a 3 man )
Len, thanks for the comments. Your best bet is still the Execution Express in CT @ independent marine. The boat doesn't have a trailer or engines and needs a complete restore but you could buy it CHEAP.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ex express is in NH at lake winni,...asking low
20's/high teens...10-12 would bee a better neighborhood, 818181 sold a 30 w/ trs, needing a refit w/ trailer for around 10....
Old 01-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Len, thanks for the comments. Your best bet is still the Execution Express in CT @ independent marine. The boat doesn't have a trailer or engines and needs a complete restore but you could buy it CHEAP.
Thanks guys, yes still after a 3 man and also open to a size of boat, nothingt smaller than a 30 and have been thinking about something much larger if it was a race boat.

I have not talk to them in a while about the boat Execution Express as they wanted to much for it ?????

Did they lower the price????? and now no power how are you guys getting these numbers and whats changed with the boat

Info please and what she need now and what would i be getting into..

Talk soon
Old 01-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Len S
Thanks guys, yes still after a 3 man and also open to a size of boat, nothingt smaller than a 30 and have been thinking about something much larger if it was a race boat.

I have not talk to them in a while about the boat Execution Express as they wanted to much for it ?????

Did they lower the price????? and now no power how are you guys getting these numbers and whats changed with the boat

Info please and what she need now and what would i be getting into..

Talk soon
They were willing to accept $15000 a year and a half ago. I imagine now that would get a little lower.

Sorry for the highjacking.....back to Jammin's speed figures.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

hey wade...
last year they were telling me 19 fully disassembled and they'd let me have a trailer at cost...
...anyhow, the 30' kaama sutphen that recently went to illinois was supposed to run 92 on gps on a pair of mrd 498's ( hp?). i think i had it up to about 80 in small swells at the cape on
9-11..
c

Quick Reply: 30' with Small Blocks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.