Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 32 singles

Social Distortion Gold Member wstultz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    26 Sutphen, TOPPS Lake Conroe

32 singles

Does anyone have any pics or details on the two 32' singles that were built?

Total Return
    &
    The Boxer
    "It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation."

Registered
    My Boats:
    SUTPHEN CPBA PRES.
    I dont understand the sudden interest in single screw boats?

I always hated having a single and couldnt wait to get a twin screw boat for ease of docking etc.

My Boats:
    I agree. I've always had twin performance boats and like them a lot. The thought that you would spend half the money on upgrades, maintenance, and rebuilds is what is tempting to me. If I can still run people down on one engine at half the cost, I'm ok with that.I sold my boat so I'm just kicking around some thoughts in my head.

JC Performance Engines Gold Member Stormrider's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2003 28 Pantera
    You need a big single to get 32ft moving... that's $$$ there over more mellow twins... and one drive... at a time.
    I'd much rather have twin 550s w/ bravos than a 900 w/ a 6. Bout the same money for either too.
    With great power, comes great responsibility.

Platinum Member Platinum Member cougarman's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1986 Cougar US-1 46'
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormrider View Post
    You need a big single to get 32ft moving... that's $$$ there over more mellow twins... and one drive... at a time.
    I'd much rather have twin 550s w/ bravos than a 900 w/ a 6. Bout the same money for either too.

Check300's single runs triple digits with a number 6 too

Jon
    "If some is good, more is better.
    And to much is just enough."
    ----Carroll Shelby

My Boats:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormrider View Post
    I disagree. It doesn't matter how mellow the twins are it is still twice the cost of everything. I know it would take more HPs to move a single but you are still only buying for one. Don't get me wrong, I love having twin engines, but just tired of having mellow ones.

My Boats:
    Thoroughbred/Velocity 32'
    probably some pics on the Sutphen site..I had a few of both 32's, but lost them when I was hit with a virus on the laptop..

my dream boat would be to call rich and say build me a 33 with a single 700 or bigger, bad ass drive and in the extra space under the hatch i would have a small genirator to run my flat screen, fridge, ice maker and air conditioner. yes i said it, id love to have that. all the big boat features and still crush waves and run 70+. hell for ease of docking. Rich, put a bow thruster in it plese!!

problem is, right now its all a dream.

My Boats:
    BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace

Thumbs up

the 32 that was for sale is sold went for 55,000 and a deal. I was told no power or drive a 32 with cabin around or at least 75,000. I did not get my cash together quick enough to bid on the 32, theres a twin set up hull in the shop which could be turned into a single blank hull with gas tank around 60,000. to much for me. but I found out if I buy a used 30 to take the gas tank out and put a new one across the back seat thats where they are on the new 32s for balance, I my still go that route or make a offer on a unrigged boat I am looking at. my motor had some changes so not done yet but will be about 1100hp on 93 pump gas. and I bought a konrad ace drive xfactor. and hope to run in opa next year in p5 with back up motor 509, or blower motor in p4 erine is going to have boxer out on the water I think this week he has been playing with motors too. his 850 did 85mph and he has a new 1200 or 1300 hp motor he has been building. if the 32 was for sale earlier this year for the asking price I would of bought it instead of building my new motor and drive set up. that boxer runs good in the rough but the guy knows how to drive too, not like somepeople I know. all right going to outerlimits for a tour now with a skater bro later art

My Boats:
    SOLD! 1991 Sutphen 26' Rum Runner
    Here she is. Still for sale.
    http://boston.en.craigslist.org/sob/boa/1297347422.html

Will someone post the pics??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast