Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sutphen
New Haven Sutphen >

New Haven Sutphen

Notices

New Haven Sutphen

Old 12-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Well its not Dane then. Im trying to think......
Old 12-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

no clue...that's my back yard...other than brett/sewfast and his 26...and me...no sutphens there...is this story current? or one from the past?
dane's out of guilford/madison....right?
and blackwishbone is further south...somebody keeping a secret??
c

Last edited by ChristianGott; 12-22-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not me but I don't know if it was my boat or not. Depending on when it was. Dan would know better then me if it was mine.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Black Wishbone
Not me but I don't know if it was my boat or not. Depending on when it was. Dan would know better then me if it was mine.
It wouldnt of been your boat.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Registered

Its a way back in the day story he has been at my shop for 8 yrs.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Registered

Outboards

Hey guys thanks for the welcome. Yeah my OB version was on craigslist. The white one on the right I picked up about a month ago, sitting for years. According to Christine Sutphen it used to belong to a friend of theirs. When he had the boat it had small blocks. The cap has four holes in it which are wider than normal.The guy who was storing it said at one time somebody had BB's in it. She actually sent me some photo's of it in a parade with them in it, and one at the dock. Someone painted the boat white, as in everything, glass, fittings and all?? go figure. I am redoing the whole thing with a couple of stout smallblocks and we'll see what it runs. Motors should be about 320hp each on the conservative side. I have heard these boats run anywhere from 60 to 78 mph stock but I have no idea. Only had the OB out for a test run and it was knocking on 70's door with 26 choppers and 2.4 200's. Interior is flawless and exterior needs a little buffing.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:43 PM
Registered

Make sure you keep us updated with the progress!!
Old 12-27-2009, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey magna I think I remember that white one on ebay about 4-5years ago. It was in Peoria,IL at the time. Does that sound right?
Old 12-27-2009, 07:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by magna
Hey guys thanks for the welcome. Yeah my OB version was on craigslist. The white one on the right I picked up about a month ago, sitting for years. According to Christine Sutphen it used to belong to a friend of theirs. When he had the boat it had small blocks. The cap has four holes in it which are wider than normal.The guy who was storing it said at one time somebody had BB's in it. She actually sent me some photo's of it in a parade with them in it, and one at the dock. Someone painted the boat white, as in everything, glass, fittings and all?? go figure. I am redoing the whole thing with a couple of stout smallblocks and we'll see what it runs. Motors should be about 320hp each on the conservative side. I have heard these boats run anywhere from 60 to 78 mph stock but I have no idea. Only had the OB out for a test run and it was knocking on 70's door with 26 choppers and 2.4 200's. Interior is flawless and exterior needs a little buffing.
that has 2.4's not 2.5's?

Mine has 2.5's on it. what year boat is it?
Mine is a 1991