"FAST RIDE"  RumRunner >

"FAST RIDE" RumRunner

Notices

"FAST RIDE" RumRunner

Old 02-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"FAST FEEL" RumRunner

Hey guys I put a post in classic offshore forum of one I am redoing. Trying to find out where the boat went and who did what to it. It belonged to a friend of the Sutphen's I know for a fact but then it just kind of dropped out of sight with a lot of rumors of what was done to it. Anybody know this boat?
Attached Thumbnails "FAST RIDE"  RumRunner-img00281.jpg   "FAST RIDE"  RumRunner-img_2076.jpg   "FAST RIDE"  RumRunner-img_2085.jpg  

Last edited by magna; 02-12-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:43 AM
Registered

nope dont know it. Looks clean in the engine bay though
I think id wrap that windshield in aluminum it would look better.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:39 AM
Registered

Arrow Clean

when I picked her up she was nasty. I cleaned the engine bay and painted with Interlux bildge coat, what a great paint, covers and sticks to everthing. Then built two small blocks which started as "lets fix this.." and ended with "while we have them out, what would be real cool is...!!!$$$$$$$...." needless to say they are sweet looking and thump like thunder now. I had Fullthrottle strip and reglass the cockpit floor, did away with the old bolster bumps and screw holes. To give you an idea what we were up against, the fuel fill had a fitting screwed into the hose and silicone and there was a 6"by 6" hole cut in the top of the gas tank. Guess they poured race fuel in on the fly, while they were running with the big boys!!! "that's funny I don't care who you are!!!"... wiring was pretty much a mess, took harness and a lot of patience and repair. pretty much everything, other than wiring that was good, has been replaced on this boat. I have been working on this thing for about three months now and hope to pick it up on tues. then it gets the interior done. Cabin will have to wait for a little. Everything on this boat has been painted white, windows, frames, fittings???? some of it with a brush... CRIMINAL to do this to a sport machine of this caliber.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 26 Ft Sutphen

Magna,
Give Me A Call At 401 261-6225 And We Discuss The 26.
Ernie
Old 02-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Go! And keep us posted. More pics??

NOTE - I went to visit my old Sutphen "Airtime" and she's getting a bit weathered in LA. In a tent with multiple covers, but still outside.

If anyone wants her I'd be glad to pass along the phone numbers...Dave911
Old 02-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Registered

Default Pics

It has been at FullThrottlePowerboats for about a week. As soon as it comes out I will have more pics and then with the interior also. Her are a couple more and a short vid of port engine on 10 minute cam break in on trlr, about 900 rpm's. Takes about two minutes to download. this is all the time I have on either engine yet. Soon though very soon!!!!! Thanks Ernie for taking time to chat on the phone, cool talking to you. More to come. Need a set of counter rotating alpha's if anyone has a set floating around out there. Can't do rebuilt or new ones right now.. Waiting on my STIMULUS check to come in and it just aint made it yet???? Go figure!!!
Attached Thumbnails "FAST RIDE"  RumRunner-img_2080.jpg   "FAST RIDE"  RumRunner-img_2084.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: avi
MVI_2094.AVI (5.14 MB, 53 views)
Old 02-15-2010, 09:55 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by magna
It has been at FullThrottlePowerboats for about a week. As soon as it comes out I will have more pics and then with the interior also. Her are a couple more and a short vid of port engine on 10 minute cam break in on trlr, about 900 rpm's. Takes about two minutes to download. this is all the time I have on either engine yet. Soon though very soon!!!!! Thanks Ernie for taking time to chat on the phone, cool talking to you. More to come. Need a set of counter rotating alpha's if anyone has a set floating around out there. Can't do rebuilt or new ones right now.. Waiting on my STIMULUS check to come in and it just aint made it yet???? Go figure!!!
For Drives check out Sterndrive Engineering. They make an exact replica of an alpha and new ones are right at $1100 and I believe they come with warranty. My last Rum Runner had them when I bought it. Never had a problem and I ran them pretty hard. Just a thought.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Registered

Update on the Runner

Ok guys got the boat together about two months ago and have had a rash of bugs to work out. All thats left will be to paint her next spring. Having a hell of a time with the Holley Blues and overheating. Have tried everything including a loop into bildge and mounting them as low as they can go. Have tried Bravo I's 26" couldn't spin em ran 64-65 gps at 42-4300. Ran 25 Balistics wouldn't get on plane. ran 23 Laser II's struggled to get on plane, turned 5400 and ran 63 with a really big rooster even with little trim. Have a new set of Bravo I 22p going to run this weekend. Hoping these due the trick. I will have some pics to post before long. The ride in this boat is incredible. I have had smaller Checkmates, Hydrostreams, and a 28 Mach 1 Concorde and a number of 19-22 footers and this thing blows them all away. Left Silver Glenn springs on lake George, storm was coming up with the lake white capping and this thing rode like a cadilac at 40-50mph. I was blown away by the ride and handling. Well this weekend will either workout like a charm or run me completely insane with minor things left. First run and found out the gas tank leaked. Cut out floor and removed, it, was shot corroded completely, new tank!!!! ouch!!!! All this after new floor and interior in. Needless to say I now know this boat pretty good inside and out. I will post an update soon with pics.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by magna
Ok guys got the boat together about two months ago and have had a rash of bugs to work out. All thats left will be to paint her next spring. Having a hell of a time with the Holley Blues and overheating. Have tried everything including a loop into bildge and mounting them as low as they can go. Have tried Bravo I's 26" couldn't spin em ran 64-65 gps at 42-4300. Ran 25 Balistics wouldn't get on plane. ran 23 Laser II's struggled to get on plane, turned 5400 and ran 63 with a really big rooster even with little trim. Have a new set of Bravo I 22p going to run this weekend. Hoping these due the trick. I will have some pics to post before long. The ride in this boat is incredible. I have had smaller Checkmates, Hydrostreams, and a 28 Mach 1 Concorde and a number of 19-22 footers and this thing blows them all away. Left Silver Glenn springs on lake George, storm was coming up with the lake white capping and this thing rode like a cadilac at 40-50mph. I was blown away by the ride and handling. Well this weekend will either workout like a charm or run me completely insane with minor things left. First run and found out the gas tank leaked. Cut out floor and removed, it, was shot corroded completely, new tank!!!! ouch!!!! All this after new floor and interior in. Needless to say I now know this boat pretty good inside and out. I will post an update soon with pics.
nice boat ernie is the balls, how about b124s or rev 4 23s or 25s I bet would be perfect and get you high 60s low 70s. who did you buy your tank from I might need one and I am looking for a source to buy one. how much was yours if you don't mind me asking. art
Old 07-08-2010, 06:47 AM
Registered

B1's 22p Advice!!!!!!!!

Ok so I had Coastal marine build the tank then found someone less expensive that does phenominal work but was already commited to Coastal. If you need a tank Adam at aluminum concepts can build it. I still have my old one he can use as a pattern. Mine ran $1100
Ran the boat this weekend, 62-63 gps with four adults, two asleep in the bow. 5000-5100 but engines hit a wall. Here's what I am running. Comp Cams extrme 462/477, Airgap dual plane intakes, Edelbrock 600's, roller top end, thunderbolt ignition, and new wires, plugs etc....pulls hard to 5000. still running factory manifolds and exhaust. I noticed my drives do not appear to be in alignment based on the fact that my prop wash from the engines does not appear to be coming back together, so I have to check that out. I could spin 26 B1's to 4200 and the boat ran 65??? I only have 8 deg initial advance and wonder if I shouldnt bump it up. My thunderbolt's dont have limiters, I can spin 23 Laser II's to 54-5500 just no speed with a big rooster.
Ok so give me some advice what to try and what to look for... thanks guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.