NPBA Buzzards Bay PR

Notices

NPBA Buzzards Bay PR

Old 09-11-2010, 07:09 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

All I know is 2 things about the boat I have:
1. There is a reason there is a 1 on the side of the boat.
2. I have never had anyone come up to me and say Hey is that one of those Sutphen boats. They say hey is that one of those Cigarette boats. I say yes, yes it is. All you guys can say is, No but its "like" a cigarette. You wannabes
-Mike
Attached Thumbnails NPBA Buzzards Bay PR-pot.jpg  
Old 09-11-2010, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats when you say "Kinda, with a lil less douche"

haha jk jk.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
All I know is 2 things about the boat I have:
1. There is a reason there is a 1 on the side of the boat.
2. I have never had anyone come up to me and say Hey is that one of those Sutphen boats. They say hey is that one of those Cigarette boats. I say yes, yes it is. All you guys can say is, No but its "like" a cigarette. You wannabes
-Mike
Damn I guess that mean all the other boats Don Arnow made were **** based on that theory??

Your fomula, cary etc bretheren would be kinda pissed to hear that.

The term cigarette boat when coined wasnt even on a cigarette it was on a cary? so how does that logic make sense? The cigarette boat they are refereing too isnt even that boat you own. unless of course yours does happen to be a cary?

I thought you owned a cigarette which was a boat modeled after the infamous cigarette boat that all of our boats were so fondly nicknamed.

All of it was modeled off of a Bertam named MOPPIE Which really was the first of these boats.

However I guess if that all cigarette guys have to cling to is what the unknowing Unknowlegable public uses for a general reference to all performance boats then its something.

We'll keep all our race winning titles to let us know who we are and what we stand for over here at SUTPHEN.

Well that and our heritage dating back to when our boat builder helped to stop a major world war with our basic design.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Registered

man the water was a lot rougher on sunday, the pics I took were all right the wind was blowing me around, I'll get them gone theres only a few.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen

We'll keep all our race winning titles to let us know who we are and what we stand for over here at SUTPHEN.
I think that says it all.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow,,,i have learned the hard way about starting and stirring the pot on this site...just in good fun and i think the replies of sutphen owners toward six say it all. We are a respectuful and smart frat....In addition, i know of no other race boat company whos history goes back as far as when SUTPHEN MADE PT BOATS FOR the US NAVY...not just drug boats...

like i stated earlier, a sutphen owner, i have found does lots of research, is a more unique and respectful owner then say a "cigarette" owner on the whole....I mean anyone can go buy a cig..but it takes a thinker to find a custom crafted hull like a sutphen. Not many out there could be a good thing, keeps people saying wow what was that? instead of ahh thats just another cigarette

CDC

Last edited by TOASTY; 09-12-2010 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Registered

You guys need to see the northeast section, CT river thread to really have a good perspective/LOL
Old 09-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

LS and myself knows what its like to own multiple Cig's and its a great boat but there's just something special about a Sutphen Powerboat!
Old 09-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Few well said posts...... Who is this guy.......! Give him credit for keepin us on our toes but......

q tips or cotton swabs....... I guess he needs to own a brand name

& that's just the beginning.....
Old 09-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by letterrip
Few well said posts...... Who is this guy.......! Give him credit for keepin us on our toes but......

q tips or cotton swabs....... I guess he needs to own a brand name

& that's just the beginning.....
Check out the NE section Brian.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.