Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sutphen
What happened to the white 35 with trip O/B???? >

What happened to the white 35 with trip O/B????

Notices

What happened to the white 35 with trip O/B????

Old 09-13-2011, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/boa/2595694790.html

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
34' Sutphen Performance Boat - $39000 (Tampa)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-09-12, 9:15PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1989 hull completely redone in 2008. This is a classic old school high performance rough water hull that rides like nothing you've ever been in. It has an 8' 2" beam and the hull weighs around 4000 lbs. It's a blast to drive and a lot of boat for the money. You won't be disappointed- it's clean, fast and reliable. Cruise at 45mph in heavy seas.

Sutphen Outrageous 340EX, triple 2002 mercury 250 efi's, hydraulic race helm steering, extended k-planes, drop down stand up bolster seats, clarion high power stereo 2 amps, 2 subs, 6 speakers, livorsi gauges, kekafer shifters & throttles, shore power, battery charger, fresh water system w/ transom shower, cockpit lights, green underwater led lights, cockpit cover, binimi top, docking lights, 2008 cockpit uphustry-exterior paint-engine bracket-instriments, 200 gallon fuel tank, 15 gallon fresh water tank. Everything works and it's ready to rock! Engines just serviced in 9/2011.

No dealers or brokers please.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Last edited by Crash-Box; 09-13-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 81 Posts

I was asked to drive a 30 foot triple outboard Sutphen in the early 80's at the World Championship in Key West. There was a lack of boats in the twin engine outboard class and APBA wanted to bulk up the boat count.

The boat was called Newport is Sports and was owned by an Austrian. It had triple outboards and APBA said we could run it in the twin class, if we took off the prop on the center engine. The owner actually started taking the prop off when Aronow wandered by and we told him what he was doing.....he laughed so hard, we decided to skip it and notified the APBA no deal....They found someone with a Pantera with twins to add to the class.

The Austrian found another boat to be on and he ended up as World Champion for that class....not quite the same ring to it, when you remember the old days when they really went around the world for that title.

PS Congrats on the new baby news....must have a banana boat in the family.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:20 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Top Banana
I was asked to drive a 30 foot triple outboard Sutphen in the early 80's at the World Championship in Key West. There was a lack of boats in the twin engine outboard class and APBA wanted to bulk up the boat count.

The boat was called Newport is Sports and was owned by an Austrian. It had triple outboards and APBA said we could run it in the twin class, if we took off the prop on the center engine. The owner actually started taking the prop off when Aronow wandered by and we told him what he was doing.....he laughed so hard, we decided to skip it and notified the APBA no deal....They found someone with a Pantera with twins to add to the class.

The Austrian found another boat to be on and he ended up as World Champion for that class....not quite the same ring to it, when you remember the old days when they really went around the world for that title.

That's a great Sutphen story Charlie. Funny part is it probably would have won only with two props. . Thanks for the congrats. Found out it's a girl so I will be teaching her about Betty Cook. I've been stealing the Banana from Chad lately and driving it like i stole it. My boat is still waiting for paint.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wstultz
My boat is still waiting for paint.
Huh .. Wutt .. ? LOL I thought you were leaving Her as is , so
what new color accents then ?
Old 09-14-2011, 09:06 AM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Hehe. I don't want to throw this thread off topic. When I get her done I will start a thread on the updating/restoration. Engines rebuilt, drives and tabs gone through and painted, new interior, new paint on entire boat. She will be the newest 1999 you've ever seen when I get done.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Registered

When I get her done I will start a thread on the updating/restoration.
She-it ! When you get Her done ? When did you start de-rigging ? LOL And repainting ... I thought that had original gelcoat or are you just painting the accent colors on ?

You really keeping things quit over at the Stultz Marine Barn Come on and start that thread already , Cats .... I mean the SUTPHEN is out of the bag now
Old 09-17-2011, 12:00 AM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Okay, One pic. This is the state it is in today. Engines, drives, and tabs have been fully disassymbled, engines rebuilt, and everything stripped and repainted. This is the hull waiting for paint in my newly built makeshift boat paint booth. . More to come when she is finished.
Attached Thumbnails What happened to the white 35 with trip O/B????-new-image.jpg  
Old 09-17-2011, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Crash-Box
She-it ! When you get Her done ? When did you start de-rigging ? LOL And repainting ... I thought that had original gelcoat or are you just painting the accent colors on ?

You really keeping things quit over at the Stultz Marine Barn Come on and start that thread already , Cats .... I mean the SUTPHEN is out of the bag now
Old 09-19-2011, 07:25 AM
Registered

Okay, One pic. This is the state it is in today. Engines, drives, and tabs have been fully disassymbled, engines rebuilt, and everything stripped and repainted. This is the hull waiting for paint in my newly built makeshift boat paint booth. . More to come when she is finished.
SPFT !!!! (Coffee out the nose) WHAT MAKESHIFT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT LOL !!! I see (Mortised) roof truss tail ends &
and a modified (Dutchman) on the tops of your structural posts supporting the horizontal beam .... And the poor electric
meter reader is going to have to ring your door bell to read your meter cause you buried it inside the "paint both" HAAHa.
That is a CT Can next to the Mega H.P. compressor !?!?

Can't wait to see the project when it's done ! Cause I know you don't do things Half Azzed too ...... Makeshift my arss LOL
Old 09-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana

I knew I had a photo of that boat around somewhere....here is the infamous...Newport is Sports.

Triple outboard engines and a deck that was very very long, with the cockpit just ahead of the engines.
Attached Thumbnails What happened to the white 35 with trip O/B????-newport-sports0001-medium-.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.