Ocean Pacer vid >

Ocean Pacer vid

Notices

Ocean Pacer vid

Old 09-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wstultz
Surface drives make that hull run great. Right after you get on plane and continue throttling into it you feel the whole boat lift. Especially if you have them spinning in. It's a cool feeling and I can tell you that the same hull with Bravos does nothing like that.
I was very surprised with how light the boat felt while driving it. It picks up and runs like my outboard boat and felt like it was carring the bow very high and well. Only thing I am concerned with is how it will handle the nasty great lakes water, minimum plane speed seemed to be in the mid 30s.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=Crash-Box;3491212]
Originally Posted by showtime83

Well now it's out haha ! At that low of RPM @ acceleration
it's def not turbo'd (SORRY 30CTSUTPHEN). So it has to
be BIG cu.in. with a little compression ? I got to say you have
found the "G" spot on that Sutphen, you have to be around
12 to 13 % on prop slip ! Boat weighs in around 7500 with
fuel give or take, and you know the pony's so do the math....
...... POST UP SOME PICS SHOWTIME83 !
So wrong young grasshoppa a properly tuned and sized turbo set up will tear your head off down low

Forget all that 70's turbo stuff you THINK you know Ill prove it ALL wrong with one ride in my turbo car!
Old 09-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=30ctsutphen;3494393]
Originally Posted by Crash-Box

So wrong young grasshoppa a properly tuned and sized turbo set up will tear your head off down low

Forget all that 70's turbo stuff you THINK you know Ill prove it ALL wrong with one ride in my turbo car!
Aaah Master Turbo Blaster your alive !!!
What eva the application on Show's boat, it
has sum major " Butter on the Biscuit "! LOL
Old 03-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by showtime83

I will try to get some more pics, decent ones at least. The boat is still a long way from being done, interior needs to be redone. I would like to re do the dash and all gauges, lots of little misc items also. I do not know much about prop slip, the props are 17x24 4 blades if I remember correctly. I have read time and time again on here that surface drives do not provide much bow lift. I can now say that is innaccurate, that video was at 0 trim, or neutral however you would like to put it. The entire boat lifts up and runs dry. I did set it up with the props spinning in, which is how my other boat is also so i am used to the docking manners of it. The Sutphen factory was a big help in giving me knowledge of how to set the boat up also, can not say enough thanks to them for the info they gave me when i called with questions about 26 year old boat!
Hey Showtime83,
Look what I found surfing you-tube Haa Haa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmtBh3OnIzA
Sounds healthy !!! .......Nice
C.B.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Registered

So much more work left to do on it, this boat is a never ending project. I am in too far now to sell it haha. At the time I did that video, I was trying to get one side complete at a time, notice the exhaust is not even on the other engine. Those are some of the worst placed engines to work on ever, starboard engine has to be pulled to just to change the raw water pump impeller.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:07 PM
Registered

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRKHRUOmeN0&context=C419fee1ADvjVQa1PpcFM4 GAlGbxaU2GIUE49XBjtahKuOQmyLhPg=[/YOUTUBE]

Another video, bad camera quality though.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I drove that boat on 9-11, yes the 9-11, It was on the South Shore (south of Boston) back when the Kaamas were still black. It had MRD 498's (I think) and I was told it ran 93 on GPS. I ran it about 80 in 3 foot swells, light chop and a 15-20 mph starboard wind. That thing handled the conditions amazingly. Later, when I needed a drive for the Rumrunner, I met a guy (Mike) in Glastonbury, CT who once owned that Kaama boat. He couldn't say enough good stuff about the set-up. Jay at Riddle Racing has one with the big plate transom assys, and modified skegs. I think he's seen the 100+ club. BTW, Wade's right...surface drives are the way to go with that hull (He would know really well, having owned "Trouble Maker" with the Arnesons). Best of luck with that thing. It's a sweet boat.
Attached Thumbnails Ocean Pacer vid-911sut.jpg   Ocean Pacer vid-drives.jpg   Ocean Pacer vid-29366_9.jpg  

Last edited by ChristianGott; 03-07-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:29 PM
Registered

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUYiVRWu6nM&feature=plcp[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLZbRq1YcLQ&feature=context-cha[/YOUTUBE]

Still trying to get it all dialed in.