Sutphens on LOTO

Notices

Sutphens on LOTO

Old 09-30-2011, 02:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sutphens on LOTO

I'm enjoying learning about the different hulls in offshore and it seems the Sutphens get a lot of respect. The history is great, too. Since I typically boat on LOTO, I'm wondering how many Sutphens the OSO members know of there.

Thanks!

Last edited by Keytime; 09-30-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

The only one I can honestly think of is the first Tsunami race boat redon and now called learn-to-fly.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 33 Outrageous came from Moscow Mills, MO. Chip at Competition Marine use to own it and then sold it to Fred who lived next door to the gentleman who owned Learn-to- fly(the first Tsunami). Here is a picture of my boat in 2003 with Fred on it waiting to run in the Shoot Out.
Attached Thumbnails Sutphens on LOTO-3652sutphen_waiting_to_run.jpg  
Old 09-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Tsunami

Sea2Jet,

So you are the new owner ?
Your a three Sutphen boat owner now ?!

Congratulations ...
Old 09-30-2011, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Crash-Box
Sea2Jet,

So you are the new owner ?
Your a three Sutphen boat owner now ?!

Congratulations ...
no, he owns 2 33's(sort of) now...
Old 09-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Registered

Hi Crash-Box, I traded the 21 for Tsunami. I was able to get what I had into the 21 and worked out an even trade with Mike and Tony at Outerlimits. It was a no brainer. I've always loved Tsunami and Ken and Dan did such an amazing job with it's re-fit and newly rebuilt motors. Dan took me for a ride the day I picked it up and my face hurt from smiling so much. I just didn't get that feeling in the 21SSX. Right now, its at Ocean Performance getting some touch up paint work done. I was hoping to take it on the River Run but it sounds like the paint needs time to dry so I will be in the 33.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Keytime Sorry For The Hi-jack

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
no, he owns 2 33's(sort of) now...
HUh ... What ?

Originally Posted by sea2jet
Hi Crash-Box, I traded the 21 for Tsunami. I was able to get what I had into the 21 and worked out an even trade with Mike and Tony at Outerlimits. It was a no brainer. I've always loved Tsunami and Ken and Dan did such an amazing job with it's re-fit and newly rebuilt motors. Dan took me for a ride the day I picked it up and my face hurt from smiling so much. I just didn't get that feeling in the 21SSX. Right now, its at Ocean Performance getting some touch up paint work done. I was hoping to take it on the River Run but it sounds like the paint needs time to dry so I will be in the 33.
Sea2Jet thats great newzzz. and I'll be up next week for
the CPBA Swap Meet hope to see you their !!!

Back up to the N.E. section LOL
Old 09-30-2011, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Crash-Box
Sea2Jet,

Congratulations ...
I know you need a 3rd..... Congrats.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:45 PM
Registered

Lucky Strike, dont tempt me, I love your boat also....and starting next month my trips to West Palm Beach start up for the winter season.
The 21SSX is an awesome boat. And it was great on our lake up in Maine but Tsunami was too tempting to pass up. I really enjoy how well the larger Sutphens handle, especially in the right hands. Watching Dan drive this rig was truly amazing.
If anyone is considering a used 21 Sutphen, they should call Outerlimits and talk to Tony or Dan. The 496HO runs like a top and the boat looks, as new. I'm assuming its for sale.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by sea2jet
My 33 Outrageous came from Moscow Mills, MO. Chip at Competition Marine use to own it and then sold it to Fred who lived next door to the gentleman who owned Learn-to- fly(the first Tsunami). Here is a picture of my boat in 2003 with Fred on it waiting to run in the Shoot Out.

The 33 is back at LOTO I had the pleasure of picking it up Friday, we drove straight thru and ran it all day Sunday. Huge huge thanks to Mike we absolutly love it!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.