Anyone in the market for a 39? >

Anyone in the market for a 39?

Notices

Anyone in the market for a 39?

Old 02-07-2014, 10:35 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

I remember when you ran on the Chesapeake. My father and I where out in his 27' Magnum "the Hairy Canary" just south of the Canal at the Elk and you smoked us but good, that boat (your 39') runs. And you were always very cordial to my late father and I; I always appreciated a race, win or lose and talk with the owner/driver of the other boat, you had a 30' Sutphen before the 39' right?

I do like your 39' Sutphen it is a nice looking boat, and it sounds like a great package from what I read in this thread. Nice boats sell, yours is a very nice boat.

Stephen
Old 02-08-2014, 02:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Stephen...........must have been a real "moment" to watch a boat as big as the 39 overtake the 27 sport..........wish I could find, but seems very rare any video of a 39' Sutphin running.
38' Dominator on u-tube w/brief startup and that's it!.........plenty of Cigs, fountains, apaches, etc; etc;..........the Sutphin 390 in particuliar Bob's 39' seems to be a diamond in the rough!
Old 02-08-2014, 11:15 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by scippy
Stephen...........must have been a real "moment" to watch a boat as big as the 39 overtake the 27 sport..........wish I could find, but seems very rare any video of a 39' Sutphin running.
38' Dominator on u-tube w/brief startup and that's it!.........plenty of Cigs, fountains, apaches, etc; etc;..........the Sutphin 390 in particuliar Bob's 39' seems to be a diamond in the rough!
I remember that boat before Bob bought it. It ran in the radar shootout that ProRoc sponsored in the 1990's on Barnegat Bay, it radared at 81 mph that day as did my father's boat, this was prior to Bob repowering it to the speed it runs today. My father had Bob at Lloyd's creek am fairly certain he had a 30; Sutphen with a set of 540 or 572 if I remember correctly, we never did race the 30' boat he had. I think we ran him one time in the canal when he had the 750's and we beat him, so the that day he rode up along side of I I did not expect to walked like we did, it was a no f*cking doubt he was considerably faster, faster like the time we raced a 24' Skater with set of tuned-up Mercury 2.4's that drove away like we were standing still and we were running about 82-85 mph.

Bob's 39' Sutphen is the real deal on speed, and that was at least 8-10 years ago. I think that is one fantastic boat he has, and it is impressive.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:26 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Stephen I definitely remember you and your father! I think I ran you once up on Barnegat Bay with the 31 and then down on the C&D. Your Magnum I think surprised lots of folks. 31 never really ran much better than maybe mid 80's with warmed up 502. Towards the end KE built some motors for me that made 620 on his dyno and the boat really ran good, like 95-96. Then went to the 39. Doc owned the 39 up on the Bay and had some pro stock motors towards the end built by Kurt and was supposed to run 105 or so. I didn't buy it with that power. I had some different natural packages for 4 years or so till KE talked me into doing the 598's with the blowers back in 2005 or so . Makes for a nice package. Boat will run right at 100 if I spin the motors up to 62-6300 but I I prop it up and cruise at 75 and life is good and nothing breaks. Do you still have "Hairy Canary"? Scippy Jeff from Freeze Frame has some video of me running on one of our poker runs. I also may have a clip running down the Chesapeake?
Old 02-09-2014, 09:45 AM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Scippy, here is a link to some video Jeff has. I see if I can't find some more.
http://www.freezeframevideo.net/vide...&ProdID=120033
Open the 4th video down that has the 38 Donzi and we are 4-5 bota clips in.
The next video down with the Nortech CC, towards the end of that video Jeff got us leaving a marina.

Last edited by bob; 02-09-2014 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:55 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bob
Stephen I definitely remember you and your father! I think I ran you once up on Barnegat Bay with the 31 and then down on the C&D. Your Magnum I think surprised lots of folks. 31 never really ran much better than maybe mid 80's with warmed up 502. Towards the end KE built some motors for me that made 620 on his dyno and the boat really ran good, like 95-96. Then went to the 39. Doc owned the 39 up on the Bay and had some pro stock motors towards the end built by Kurt and was supposed to run 105 or so. I didn't buy it with that power. I had some different natural packages for 4 years or so till KE talked me into doing the 598's with the blowers back in 2005 or so . Makes for a nice package. Boat will run right at 100 if I spin the motors up to 62-6300 but I I prop it up and cruise at 75 and life is good and nothing breaks. Do you still have "Hairy Canary"? Scippy Jeff from Freeze Frame has some video of me running on one of our poker runs. I also may have a clip running down the Chesapeake?
Bob,

My father sold the Magnum in 2006 (could have been 2005), and he bought the Phantom. My father passed away in 2008, the Phantom is still in the family. I have always liked Sutphen boats through the years, my father liked them too, one of his friends bought the 30' Sutphen "Bigshot and had it for a while, so my father on occasion would go out in that boat during the weekdays.

The Phantom was white with blue graphics when he bought it, he redid the whole boat, and this is what it looks like today. I posted some pictures below for reminiscing purposes.

I really liked your 31' when you had it, and your 39' is impressive. I think your 39' is the perfect Jersey Shore boat, my $0.02 opinion for the day. Good luck in selling it, I am sure it will sell, it seems to me a very desireable package.

Stephen
Attached Thumbnails Anyone in the market for a 39?-my-father-medium-.jpg   Anyone in the market for a 39?-trailer.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 02-09-2014, 05:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Bob,
Great video!.........the 39' runs very straight & knifes right through, hope to see her in person.....I see you carry some very precious cargo aboard ...that says it all with real confidence!!

Stephen,
I get a real kick every time I see that pic of your father standing up to all that velociety!!........I agree also, the 39 sutphin is well suited for the Jersey shore!
Old 02-09-2014, 08:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by scippy
Bob,
Great video!.........the 39' runs very straight & knifes right through, hope to see her in person.....I see you carry some very precious cargo aboard ...that says it all with real confidence!!

Stephen,
I get a real kick every time I see that pic of your father standing up to all that velociety!!........I agree also, the 39 sutphin is well suited for the Jersey shore!
The wind would make his skin all fleshy and wiggly, it was not a pretty sight, but running a Magnum at 80+ mph your gonna eat some wind. That picture was taken at the Pro Roc Marine radar shootout. The funny thing is the houses look some what near/close in the picture, but in reality the house are a long ways off, that photographer's lens was really focused in that day, and caught all of my father's flopping face skin.

Like father, like son, my face was being contorted in this picture at 90 mph. I had just crossed a wake hence the excessive bow lift, and rooster tail. I was not driving it like a Hydro Stream that day.

Back to Bob's thread....more pictures of the 39' running would be cool to see, keep posting Bob.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone in the market for a 39?-90mph.jpg  
Old 02-10-2014, 07:50 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

I like the Phantom. Wasn't there one for sale back in the day along Rt 9 maybe in Lakewood? Spoke with Will a couple times and almost put together a deal to have him build me one. Fast boat! What ever happened to Mr. Technology?
Old 02-11-2014, 07:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bob
I like the Phantom. Wasn't there one for sale back in the day along Rt 9 maybe in Lakewood? Spoke with Will a couple times and almost put together a deal to have him build me one. Fast boat! What ever happened to Mr. Technology?
I had read years ago Mr. Technology went overseas, not sure if it is still abroad or not. I drove to Tampa when father bought this 34' Phantom used from the second owner down there, not sure about the Lakewood one for sale, I would have have liked to have seen it. My father was always looking for a 34' Phantom, and he went and met with Will Smith about building him one too, you and my father must think/thought alike.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.