Sutphen Resurrection

Notices

Sutphen Resurrection

Old 03-27-2017, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Sutphen Resurrection

Attention all Sutphen Fans:
We are resurrecting the old Herb Chambers boat know as Night Moves. Found her in Lockport, NY. She was headed for the graveyard, and I took a chance. Been a very rough road finding all the old pieces to put her back together in old school form.
She is coming around and looking much better. Taken almost two years, but the end of the rainbow is near.

If anyone has any old information, or pictures, or stories of her back in the day, I would enjoy knowing more of her history.

Pictures of her are soon to come.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:16 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 29 Posts

Subbed...very cool
Old 03-29-2017, 07:19 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Old man on the board owned the boat years ago. Has a ton of info about them. I have the 33 outrageous race boat. The mold right after yours XR hulls. I was talking about the boat with George/ old man who used to own it a week ago. Good luck always wondered where it went. Any pics or info you have of it.

Last edited by Sick Stinger; 03-29-2017 at 07:39 AM.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

We're neighbors. I'm right in wellington.
Cool boat.
Thanks for saving one. Way too many get lost to the sawzall.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, ambitious. I saw it sitting at Pettis Yacht Sales in Warwick, RI it was rough back then in 2012. I think that's when George was trying to sell it.

Last edited by chsales; 03-29-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:17 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chsales
Wow, ambitious. I saw it sitting at Pettis Yacht Sales in Warwick, RI it was rough back then in 2012. I think that's when George was trying to sell it.
That's right Colin. Where did my Super Pacer end up? We had a great time with Jeff's old boat. Congrats 42 on getting "Night Moves" #614 back on track. Mike's new ride "Outrageous" is #615 and he talked to Wade and "Miss Maxon is #616. All are XR experimental race HIN's.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:54 PM
Registered

Old Man,
Thanks for the info. Do you have any other information about the Sutphen. We are interested in old pics of any kind. Any history on the boat would be great. I'd like to know what kind of exhaust did it have, engine size, how fast. Very eager for information on her.
Thanks
Old 03-31-2017, 04:58 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

42, Some of this info is what I've been told. When Herb owned it was named "Banjo", then Kenny Mish it was named "Motown Missle" and then Tom and Barry Blair it was named "Night Moves". Tom and his son Barry owned Barry's Disco in Warwick RI and hence the name from an old Bob Seger song. Was told it was
one of the fastest boats on the Connecticut River probably when Kenny owned it. Sorry but no pictures have surfaced that I know of. Had 572 tall deck bowties with Stellings prior to me. Can't wait to see progress pics when you can. Best Regards, George

Last edited by OLD MAN; 03-31-2017 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Best of luck with the project. I love that boat. I, too, looked at it in RI...thought of attempting resurrection. Ultimately, the guys at Rage wound up with my project 33, and I wound up with Shaun's...funny how it works out. If you ever need an extra set of hands, I'd be glad to help out.
C
Old 04-03-2017, 10:07 PM
Registered

Thanks for the reply about the boat. I'm working on getting her back together, but am having problems posting pictures to the site. Working on it. Still looking for Stellings Headers that will fit on the boat, so if you could keep an eye out, please let me know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.