Gett Well soon Sutphen30! >

Gett Well soon Sutphen30!

Notices

Gett Well soon Sutphen30!

Old 07-07-2003, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gett Well soon Sutphen30!

Bill had a bad accident while working on one of his motors. The engine stand fell over and crushed his lower leg. He should be having surgery on it today.

Hopefully he'll be back on the sticks by the end of the year.
Old 07-07-2003, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Damn!..sorry to hear that!!...Get well soon!!
Old 07-07-2003, 08:52 PM
Darkhorse468

Thumbs down

Sonic Driver
Thanks for letting us know, he's a good guy and we wish him well. He's definitely going to be missed at the Fall River run. The stories I heard...

Old 07-10-2003, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default sutphen30

hey bill , met you with fobes back in 2002 at the apba's at the cape, sorry to hear about your accident . get well soon
Old 07-11-2003, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill's recovery is going very well. He's home now recovering from the surgery in bed, wondering if he should put the whipples on his boat for next summer. He seems to be in good spirits.

The word is he won't be able to place any weight on his leg until September.
Old 07-13-2003, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bill: get well soon, missed seeing you at the Regatta Run...Matt
Old 07-13-2003, 07:10 PM
Darkhorse468

Fobes and Sutphen 30
Hey guys! Bill, spoke to your friend Coughlin(spell?)at the Regatta and he gave me the skinny. Hope you feel well, and if there is anything you need to get or do, don't be afraid to ask for help. At least we'll see you hangin around, huh? The Regatta was my first poker run, and it was an AWESOME TIME!!!! Matt, the day and night were a complete fog to me today...did I get to have that beer with you?? There was a guy Matt that was crewing with me on the HEAT WAVE, but I don't remember if it was you??(ha ha!) If so, I hope I was a kind and gentle soul!
The river water looked calm in the morning and we were worried that we wouldn't have any water to run. Half a day later and 20+mph winds along with boat traffic made a really nice 2-3 chop with some biggies mixed in. The boat ran like a champ, and we did 88mph on the last leg with a 2002 Top Gun beside us for a good 6 or 7 min stretch before the port motor carbs decided that 15+lbs of fuel pressure for that long wasn't happening...right beside tha battle ship! The one thing we were bummed about was that we didn,t have the chillers and the boost pulleys (5lbs instead of 12) set up on the boat, we could have easily ran 100+mph with the water conditions if we did...drivability was the desire and we got it though! The place was a blast and the people were awesome...Walt puts on a really good run. My buddy said that it was better than the Hudson river run. Anyway, I got to talk to alot of people and got alot of ideas/solutions for my baby, and by the end of the month, I'll be smoking and hopefully in the water right after, so I am definitely looking forward to the Beverly Run. Hope to see you both!

Old 07-17-2003, 09:27 PM
Darkhorse468

Bill
Where is the Jay Miller run? Directions from Braintree would be great, but whatever info I get will help. How are you feeling? Good I hope. That is a serious ouch...your buddy Coughlin said "he's pretty hardcore, but I could hear him from outside, so I knew it was pretty bad " Anyway, sounds like your doing the right thing and dealing with it. Hope to hear back from you.
Marc

Old 07-22-2003, 09:47 AM
AIRTIME

rt = 24 s to 495 s over bourne bridge 28 s all the way to falmouth center there should be signs to the harbor I didn't make walts run Iwon't make jays run no boating for me this yr boats apart and working every weekend for the rest of the summer and week ART

Old 07-22-2003, 04:33 PM
AIRTIME

BILL hope your feeling alittle better I had 4 knee operations last one was 3yrs ago got hit by a car. THE boat 's a Baja outlaw 24 /509 647hp 637tq I raced it in p 5 last yr on the cape ,broke boster seat/ lost my nav, he lost his nuts then I ran walts run broke to seats had a guy who owned a cig with 850s he says,wanted to ride with me well when wegot back to walts he gets on the dock kisses it well I bought new bolsters and stands, now I need to make a template for a bulkheadin the dash area and back seat area, 2''shortie for drive wet sand the boat or have it painted, want new gaugesand panel , what I really want is a new hull no power ,sutphen,super boat.

Quick Reply: Gett Well soon Sutphen30!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.