Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sutphen
Question for the Sutphen guys... >

Question for the Sutphen guys...

Notices

Question for the Sutphen guys...

Old 04-26-2004, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for the Sutphen guys...

I am very fond of Sutphen30's setup with Bravos on boxes,, and I definately like the looks of the Biggus' 38 Cig with the new TRS replacement by Konrad.

What do you guys think? Konrad wants 12.5 per side to change out the drives; what kind of money can you assemble a bravo boat for including labor prices.

To me thats what I would be marketing to the boating public if I were a marine service. An up front price for making your TRS boat a Bravo boat..

Wish I had Too Old's problem, must be terrible to have to pull around that big Sutphen with #6's hanging off the back.
Attached Thumbnails Question for the Sutphen guys...-pa310020.jpg  
Old 04-26-2004, 07:40 AM
Registered

Default one more shot of the ol' TRS's

Attached Thumbnails Question for the Sutphen guys...-pa310004.jpg  
Old 04-26-2004, 07:43 AM
Registered

Thumbs up by the way....

Thanks to Scott, Ruben and Latham the external steering was removed, rebuilt and rechromed this winter...

The Sutphen should be ready to rumble here in a few short weeks.. thanks to C P & R
Old 04-26-2004, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

SinkorSwim,

I've personally owned many Bravo and TRS boats and from my own experience the Bravo is a lesser drive than the TRS. It does not make sense to me to go through all the effort and $$$ to replace your TRS drives with a bravo and in the end have a drive that will not give you the same amount of service the TRS had.

I'm totally sold on the Konrad system. It really fills a void in the market, it's a quick swap, will hande a lot of HP and has been proven to last THOUSANDS of hours.

The price of 12k is for the complete drive AND transom assembly. If you have a TRS boat, you can install a Konrad drive to the existing TRS transom assembly. (just have to swap the drive bellhousing) Konrad is going to market the TRS kit as the PRS (performance replacement system). It will include the outdrive, bellhousing (including bellows) and a new drive lube reservoir. The PRS kit will be less than 9k retail.

Feel free to call me for an unsolicited opinion.

Kurt 207-232-9273

Last edited by Biggus; 04-27-2004 at 05:53 AM.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:27 AM
Registered

Default Oh no,,, love your set up....

I really was surprised at the picture you had of the TRS next to the Konrad setup... The size of the u joints was amazing..

I also used Bravos as an example... what about vs. #3's or #5's or even #6's..

I personally am fine with my TRS drive right now,,, but hopefully in another year or so I am going to add another 90 cubic inches or so... and would love to change the drives out..

I was more curious with a price comparison... I never heard anyone talk about the money involded in the conversion from TRS to anything else...

Good luck with the new set up...