Notices

leds

Old 05-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm trying to figure out what led light company to use right now and I'm so concussed. No matter what way you go it isn't cheap so you wanna get it right the first time. I'm looking at the Ocean led A3's that go into the drain plugs but not sure how brite they are. Has anyone on here used them and have pics of them in the water? I want to run 3 light across the back of my 28' cat, but what lights do you think would work best for me? the one thing i do know is that i want to go with blue. Thanks
Old 05-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Wet-N-Wild
I'm trying to figure out what led light company to use right now and I'm so concussed. No matter what way you go it isn't cheap so you wanna get it right the first time. I'm looking at the Ocean led A3's that go into the drain plugs but not sure how brite they are. Has anyone on here used them and have pics of them in the water? I want to run 3 light across the back of my 28' cat, but what lights do you think would work best for me? the one thing i do know is that i want to go with blue. Thanks
I am very happy with mine as are others that have the same. Look a post #16 and the place I got them from is www.wakemagic.com
Old 05-19-2011, 12:55 PM
Registered

I agree with Mike. I have the Abyss 1206 on my 25 Outlaw and they look great......

Originally Posted by indywhsle
I am very happy with mine as are others that have the same. Look a post #16 and the place I got them from is www.wakemagic.com
Old 05-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
Makes for good fishing too
That's the NICEST stripper boat I've ever seen!
Old 05-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
I will get pummeled here, but I don't think that there is any place for them on boats that are moving. i do most of my night time boating at lake of the Ozarks, and between boats and lights on shore, there are alot of lights to keep track of. For safety reasons, boats should only have the red and green bow lights, and the white transom/stern light.

Differnt colors of light can not only be confusing, but the bright lights can also ruin ones night vision. One bright light will constrict the pupils so that other things in the dark cannot be seen nearly as well (walk into a dark room just after shining a flashlight in your eyes). I believe that they are a safety hazard so they should only be legal when a boat is at the dock.

Ok, flame away!

As long as they are blue or white, I don't see an issue with it. I just look at it as more of a transom light helper than anything.

The primary problem with driving late at night on Lake St. Clair (a lot like LOTTO from what I understand) is actually seeing another boat that happens to be out there. Navigating is otherwise extremely easy. Any additional light(s) that someone wants to turn on is great in my book. If they are red or green or otherwise confusing, I understand your point. However, I welcome more lights on boats for night time driving.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by benjdow
yup...coastal night lights...

way brighter than most LEDS twice the price.
very happy with my coastal night lights, adding more this spring

as far as safety and mistaking them for a police boat, they are under water most of the time and when on plane they light up the spray, i have never seen a police boat do that.... someone mentioned the lights at lake of the ozarks, pretty much almost every dock light down there is blue, so i guess those could be mistaken as police boats also then right? if you were running spreader lights on a arch, i could see a valid arguement, not so much underwater. if anything you are making yourself more visable on the water. just MY OPINION. coastal nightlights are the budget freindly way to do this and get a quality product