Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering for single bravo 1

Off a 97 Fountain

$1500.00 Call Mickey 248-545-3775

call 248-545-3775 Mickey
Old 04-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Registered

Mickey where you located in warren? I'll take it, probably swing by and pick it up today if you like.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Registered

Told pickup at 5 no problem and it sells before. Nice.

To each there own i guess but you wont catch me pulling this $hit.

Anyone have a Latham tank and filter laying around? Those were the only parts I really need at this time...

Last edited by fantastixvoyage; 04-11-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Yeah fantastix,

I agree, Not Cool
Old 04-12-2011, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Not only is it not cool, its not LEGAL. A contract is a contract, by the sounds of it you two had an agreement! You must legally honor it.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by endeavour32
Not only is it not cool, its not LEGAL. A contract is a contract, by the sounds of it you two had an agreement! You must legally honor it.
There is no such thing as a verbal contract. Did both parties agree and sign it? There is no legality without a written contract. Even though some states say some verbal contracts are enforceable, there is a ton of pre-reqs that must be met. Esp if there was no witness or third party to the conversation, it will be deemed null.

For example, in Michigan, no action may be brought against a financial institution to enforce any alleged promise or commitment unless the promise or commitment was "in writing and signed with an authorized signature by the financial institution."

Now I am not bashing this thread, its definitely a bad business deal... you give someone your word its theirs, it should be theirs. Even if someone offers more money for it, I still wouldnt cross that line.

Last edited by SmurfOnABoat; 04-12-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:53 AM
Registered

Ah the good old days where a hand shake was all you needed
Old 04-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by SmurfOnABoat
There is no such thing as a verbal contract. Did both parties agree and sign it? There is no legality without a written contract. Even though some states say some verbal contracts are enforceable, there is a ton of pre-reqs that must be met. Esp if there was no witness or third party to the conversation, it will be deemed null.

For example, in Michigan, no action may be brought against a financial institution to enforce any alleged promise or commitment unless the promise or commitment was "in writing and signed with an authorized signature by the financial institution."

Now I am not bashing this thread, its definitely a bad business deal... you give someone your word its theirs, it should be theirs. Even if someone offers more money for it, I still wouldnt cross that line.
Sorry my friend you are completely wrong! I just finished a law class that covered this very subject. The ad was posted, Fantintixvoyage accepted the offer, the seller set up a time to pick up the item, so he also excepted. Or so it sounds in the discription. Either way, verbal contracts exist in Michigan. Take a law class and find out! Contracts do not need to be in writing.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Registered

O.K. ! lets get one thing straight......I told you money talks, if its here at 5:00 pm when you get outta work ,its yours. period! Some one called right after you and purchased it. sorry. end of transaction.......

not one of you on here would wait without a deposit.

Mickey.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Registered

Actually Mickey I was over it but since you brought it up...

Your "money talks" line was before your "well dont miss any work over it, just come by a little after 5". Since I told immediately on the phone I would take it I took that as no problem just pick up that day. Called at 4 to confirm I was on my way and sold. Just a $hitty feeling when that happens.

As for the "not one of you on here would wait without a deposit" i think you have the OSO crowd confused with the 8 mile crowd. Just not the way I do business, nor most on here.

Anyways not a big deal, just gonna avoid doing biz in the future - on here as well as with your trans shop. Good day and happy boating.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.