Notices

Konrad Outdrives

Old 05-04-2011, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Konrad Outdrives

Nice set of Konrad 520 Outdrives will get some pic asap Bolt on replacement drives for TRS & TR drives!
No more converting to Bravo, filling the transom
hole & moving the motor. The Konrad 520 has been engineered with hard work in mind and has a number of benefits that set it apart from the other stern drives on the market:

Oversized bearings
Thicker walled casings
One piece propeller shaft
Continuous oil circulation for cool operation
No corrosive exhaust through drive
Precision machined super alloy gears

THESE ARE BOLT ON REPLACEMENT Drives , transom plate & gimbal with trim cylinders and pumps included $ make me some offers

Last edited by ridefast77; 05-04-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ttt

no body?
Old 05-06-2011, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Just thought I'd chime in here and shed a little light on this post as I have been getting a fair amount of calls concerning used military drives. The Konrad 520 is a fantastic drive, built for diesel applications but I'd like to make it clear, the 520 is NOT a direct replacement for the TRS.

The 520 can be retrofitted for a TR application if the upper input shaft is swapped out to accomodate the existing transmission. (the 520 shaft is too short for these applications and could either be a male or female spline)
It is most likely the gear ratio will be incorrect also as the majority of 520 units are 1.79:1 TR applications are 2:1

The main differences between the 520 and 540PRS (Performance Replacement System for TRS) is the lower gear case and upper input shaft.
The 520 is built for heavier craft and utilizes a much deeper gear case with the ability to run 20" diameter props. A TRS application requires a special upper input shaft to accomodate the long TRS trans tail stock. A standard 520/540 shaft wiould be too short for this application.

The Konrad 540 runs a much shorter lower gear case (almost 2" shorter than ther TRS) with a max prop dia up to 16"
We can built just about any gear ratio but the majority of 540PRS units are 1.51:1 ratio.
Hope this info is useful and feel free to give me a shout for more info.

Kurt from Konrad
715-410-0735

Last edited by Biggus; 05-06-2011 at 06:56 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 1,491 Likes on 806 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Biggus
Just thought I'd chime in here and shed a little light on this post as I have been getting a fair amount of calls concerning used military drives. The Konrad 520 is a fantastic drive, built for diesel applications but I'd like to make it clear, the 520 is NOT a direct replacement for the TRS.

The 520 can be retrofitted for a TR application if the upper input shaft is swapped out to accomodate the existing transmission. (the 520 shaft is too short for these applications and could either be a male or female spline)
It is most likely the gear ratio will be incorrect also as the majority of 520 units are 1.79:1 TR applications are 2:1

The main differences between the 520 and 540PRS (Performance Replacement System for TRS) is the lower gear case and upper input shaft.
The 520 is built for heavier craft and utilizes a much deeper gear case with the ability to run 20" diameter props. A TRS application requires a special upper input shaft to accomodate the long TRS trans tail stock. A standard 520/540 shaft wiould be too short for this application.

The Konrad 540 runs a much shorter lower gear case (almost 2" shorter than ther TRS) with a max prop dia up to 16"
We can built just about any gear ratio but the majority of 540PRS units are 1.51:1 ratio.
Hope this info is useful and feel free to give me a shout for more info.

Kurt from Konrad
715-410-0735
Good to know this.