WTB Square port 990 BBC Head >

WTB Square port 990 BBC Head

Notices

WTB Square port 990 BBC Head

Old 07-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB Square port 990 BBC Head

I need a 990 BBC GM square port head. Preferably just a casting but I will consider a complete head or heads if the price is right. I blew a head gasket between 2 cylinders and it would be really hard to repair. Alternatively, I will sell my 1 good head if I can't find a mate to it. Let me know what you have.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:17 PM
Registered

I have a pair with roller rockers, if you can,t find a single. [email protected]
Old 07-21-2011, 11:49 PM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

Originally Posted by shrue
I need a 990 BBC GM square port head. Preferably just a casting but I will consider a complete head or heads if the price is right. I blew a head gasket between 2 cylinders and it would be really hard to repair. Alternatively, I will sell my 1 good head if I can't find a mate to it. Let me know what you have.
Just throwing this out there, but I did the same thing a few years ago and my machine shop welded up and resurfaced my head for about $140 3day turnaround.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kneeslider74
I have a pair with roller rockers, if you can,t find a single. [email protected]
I'll give this a few days to see if I can come up with a single, but I'll keep this in mind. Can you PM me how much you want for the pair? Thanks!!
Old 07-22-2011, 11:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rookie
Just throwing this out there, but I did the same thing a few years ago and my machine shop welded up and resurfaced my head for about $140 3day turnaround.
This head has a section burned out between 2 cylinders... my engine shop didn't think it could be repaired but maybe I should get a second opinion it sound like? Is there a place you recommend that can do this.. sounds like maybe the guy you used? Thanks for the help.. this may save me some bucks!!
Old 07-22-2011, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

I had a 5/16" square blown between mine. Gasket blew at 5300RPM and just ate the steel away. Weird thing is that the block had no damage. I would call around, not every shop will do the repair. I think you need to heat the head up and then weld with a high nickel content rod.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rookie
I had a 5/16" square blown between mine. Gasket blew at 5300RPM and just ate the steel away. Weird thing is that the block had no damage. I would call around, not every shop will do the repair. I think you need to heat the head up and then weld with a high nickel content rod.
Sounds just like mine... the head casting has a 1" section eaten between the chambers but the block was not touched!! I'll check around for a repair shop that can do this... thanks, this could save me a lot of time and money if I can get this done.