525SC short block +++

Notices

525SC short block +++

Old 03-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 525SC short block +++

What I have is a fully machined ready to assemble block. GenIV 4 bolt, torque plate honed at .60 over.

I have a brand new Callies crank with machine work all ready done and balanced to a brand new set of .25 long Manly H beam rods, and a brand new set of JE 7.5:1 pistons.

This entire assembly is still sitting in the boxes ready to be assembled. Balancing work has all ready been done to it. I have the H series bearings for it. L-19 bolts, pins etc.

I also have a Marine Kinetics billet solid roller cam that I have made 700HP with in a twin to this engine with 6 lbs of boost.

I dont have heads or anything else to go with it.

I can have it assembled for you by Owens racing in Pearland, TX, or I can have all the parts crated and shipped to you. This is a great little engine, and a great box of parts.

Block $500
Machine work on all parts $800
Crank $900
Rods $495
Pistons $800
Bearings $100
Billet roller cam $675 TOTAL $4270

I have the ISKY red zone solid lifters ($950) to go with this engine if you buy the complet setup. I would rather sell it un assembled, but it is up to you. I need to get rid of it. Taking up room at my machinists shop. I dont have a place for it, nor a boat to put it in. THis was going to be a second engine to the orignal 700HP one I built to go in a boat that I no longer own.

Bring me a reasonable offer. Need it all gone this week.

Paypal accepted.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry, I think some guys were confused. THis is not a Merc 525EFI, this was based on a 525SC. But really the only thing left of it that is Merc is the Block.

THis is a 7.5:1 comp engine with a good forged crank and over length rod designed to turn high rpms and take higher boost for long periods of time.

This will make a single engine boat a rocket ship.