Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Offshoreonly Marketplace > Swap Shop
Snap On tool box and TONS of tools... >

Snap On tool box and TONS of tools...

Notices

Snap On tool box and TONS of tools...

Old 09-13-2012, 01:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you come across a Snap On stud installation tool (with collets) let me know, Thanks and good luck!

Michael
Old 09-13-2012, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

87mag, I would think those tools woul be worth more on your truck than anywhere else. Start a used area section on your truck and run some deals. The kid might have to loosen up a bit, he can't expect to get 5gs for a bottom that is that old, with the right promo you could sell a new one for 5.

I worked as a diagnostic equipment consultant, and then the diagnostic manager for the NE with snap on for many years. Great company, but I still don't know how you independent tool dealers do it! Hats off to you
Old 09-13-2012, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 87MagnumII
Kinda what I thought. If it was mine to sell I could finance it for guys but $12,000 up front is tough to swallow. I'd say it will get parted out a little at a time. Probably get better money for it that way
Oh come on I thought Snappy has all the money lol just kidding thats a great deal for someone. Just to let you know Im a cornhole dealer I couldnt do it either wish I could cant seem to get enough used tools to sell.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

what,you sell cornholes?
Old 09-13-2012, 08:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mike tkach
what,you sell cornholes?

yeah never heard of them lol
Old 09-13-2012, 08:19 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
87mag, I would think those tools woul be worth more on your truck than anywhere else. Start a used area section on your truck and run some deals. The kid might have to loosen up a bit, he can't expect to get 5gs for a bottom that is that old, with the right promo you could sell a new one for 5.

I worked as a diagnostic equipment consultant, and then the diagnostic manager for the NE with snap on for many years. Great company, but I still don't know how you independent tool dealers do it! Hats off to you
I know what you mean, just don't have the time or cash flow to take on the liability right now. It's been really tough collecting on my stuff lately let alone trying to help a third party collect. I may end up with some of it to sell but it needs sorted thru in a bad way to separate the good stuff from the junk.

The bottom box is older but is in good shape, just dirty. New price to replace the top and bottom is around $13,000 so id say he's not far off on asking price.

Last edited by 87MagnumII; 09-13-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 87MagnumII
The bottom box is older but is in good shape, just dirty. New price to replace the top and bottom is around $13,000 so id say he's not far off on asking price.
I understand it is a triple bank KRL box, and has a high retail, however the used market for this stuff on the street is just not worth what is it on your truck as a trade.

Take your markup off that box, promo discount when you buy it at a tool show, trade in allowance they throw in, and his asking price is getting close to your cost of a 12 year newer box. If he wants $12k total that means you will have to sell for $24k, prob not an option

Hardship is never a good thing, and we have all heard the stories of guys having $200,000 in tools. Bottom line is they rarely get the money they think they will when it comes time to sell.

I agree the best bet for this kid is to Ebay all the tools no reserve piece by piece. He might end up with his $12k just from the tools on Ebay, then he can try to sell the box local.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Hardship is never a good thing, and we have all heard the stories of guys having $200,000 in tools.
that would be me! not quite 200 yet but closse...
Old 09-13-2012, 05:53 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I shop the tools section on Craigslist every day. As long as you are a cash buyer, you can buy a lot of great tools and boxes for cheap on CL; sad but true.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Cornhole makes great tools! Good luck selling that stuff for him, the situation is difficult for all involved.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.