Snap On tool box and TONS of tools... >

Snap On tool box and TONS of tools...

Notices

Snap On tool box and TONS of tools...

Old 09-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Snap On tool box and TONS of tools...

Some of you may or may not know that I do sell Snap On for a living. Before we get started here I just want to say that these are not my tools that are for sale. A good customer recently passed away unexpectedly and his son was left the box tools. He has no need for them and they are currently being stored at my storage facility. He would like to sell this stuff off and I agreed to help him. I'm not running this thru my business nor am I making any money, just trying to help this guy out. I took some pictures of some of the stuff but nothing in great detail. If you see something you want let me know or make an offer and I will see if he accepts it. Im not sure what all is in it so if you are looking for something in particular, ask and I will see if I can find it in the box. The guy was a GM tech most of his life but did work on other stuff. I prefer that you call me with questions on this so I can look while we are on the phone and let you know. I am at my storage building on Monday's and can take calls about it then. You can call anytime but can't guarantee I will be with the tools so Mondays are best. If I don't answer, leave a message or shoot me a text. My number is 304-890-0179, the tools are located in beckley, WV 25801

Ok, on to the pics

Here is the top and bottom box, the bottom is a KRL Masters series box, it is 72" long 45" tall and 30" deep. It is one of the intimidator editions, it's dirty now but is in excellent shape. The top is a KRA series box and is also in good shape

He wants $5000 for the bottom and $1500 for the top, if the same guy buys both pieces he will do $6000 for the pair. As far as tools, I will have to ask him for pricing so let me know what you need. Also feel free to make offer on total package of box and tools and I'll see what he will do

Most of the tools appear to be, Snap On, Mac, Craftsman, etc. There is some off brand stuff mixed in but for the most part they are name brand tools.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Update: just talked to the owner, $12,000 takes it ALL. there is more than what is pictured, if u need more pics in detail let me know on this thread.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

A bunch of nice stuff, to bad he lost his dad.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also in the tool business (Matco) I had a guy die about 8 years ago with the exact same box. I broke it up on E-Bay got more for it that way,, but I just bought it from the family.
Its tough because there is no way anyone could come close to replacing that for 12gs but used most people want it for 30 cents on the dollar.

At least he is close, most of the widows that call me start off with my husband had 50k in tools I only want 45k.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Also in the tool business (Matco) I had a guy die about 8 years ago with the exact same box. I broke it up on E-Bay got more for it that way,, but I just bought it from the family.
Its tough because there is no way anyone could come close to replacing that for 12gs but used most people want it for 30 cents on the dollar.

At least he is close, most of the widows that call me start off with my husband had 50k in tools I only want 45k.
i was hoping you would see this and give an opinion, it is a tough deal and he just wants to get it gone. i figured we were close on a bulk package, thanks for confirming
Old 09-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Registered
Gold Member

edit:

timing light doesnt go, son wants to keep it
Old 09-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 87MagnumII
edit:

timing light doesnt go, son wants to keep it
AWWW Crap, the only thing I saw that I may have wanted Just loking, but it did catch my eye, as I have quite the tool collection also, but my timing light ia a craftsman from like 20 years ago.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Ttt
Old 09-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Damn, kind of a Catch 22. The guy that could really use a set up like that can't afford that kind of scratch and the guy that can afford it already has most of it. It looks like a good deal for all that stuff though.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:40 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Ted G
Damn, kind of a Catch 22. The guy that could really use a set up like that can't afford that kind of scratch and the guy that can afford it already has most of it. It looks like a good deal for all that stuff though.
Kinda what I thought. If it was mine to sell I could finance it for guys but $12,000 up front is tough to swallow. I'd say it will get parted out a little at a time. Probably get better money for it that way

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.