Procharger 496 kit complete w/ new aero fuel pump and regulator

Notices

Procharger 496 kit complete w/ new aero fuel pump and regulator

Old 08-13-2013, 03:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SnailblazerSS
is the fuel pump necessary to run the kit on low boost?
No but I would recommend at least moving the stock pump because this procharger will make it very difficult to access that stock 496 fuel pump which is problematic anyway.
My opinion a good aftermarket fuel pump is cheap insurance to not have to contourt yourself into the hull of your boat to find a fuel pump problem. I would mount this Aero pump or similar style somewhere easily accessable on like a side crossmember or bulkhead but would still allow for draining to bottom if you ever had a leak.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Registered

i cleared my inbox, saw that you sent me a couple PMs when it was full
Old 08-13-2013, 08:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

resent message, Thanks for Payment SnailblazerSS!! Sold! Thanks again, hope you enjoy it.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:35 PM
Registered

Hey Guys, 2 months late on this but I recently purchased a PQ SIlencer with a 496 M1 Procharger, Based on what I found out if all the numbers are real, with 3.5PSI my engine dyno'd at 563HP and 638ft lb Torque. I don't believe the Aeromotive Fuel System is necessary at 3.5PSI but if you increase to 5PSI I heard that you really need this to get the most out of the engine... If you guys hear different HP out of the engine let me know, this is obviously just one engine on one dyno and results may vary... Only issue I have is that lots of Black Soot on back of boat after any movement on Plane.. need to do some tunning but currently i'll be cleaning the back of the boat longer than I run it on the water until I get the engine tune'd just right.... more to follow.