Patterson Big Tube Stainless headers

Notices

Patterson Big Tube Stainless headers

Old 09-25-2013, 05:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Patterson Big Tube Stainless headers

Some of you may have seen these on e-bay a couple of months ago, unfortunately I was that sucker. The headers look nice, but leak around every weld pretty much, just my opinion it looks as if the weld material was a lower grade stainless or something. If I knew how to Heli-arc a little better I would love the challenge of the repair. Make a decent offer if you want, just keep in mind shipping is going to be up there. Any questions feel free to contact pm or (361) 920-3202 Thanks Trent
Attached Thumbnails Patterson Big Tube Stainless headers-img_2881.jpg   Patterson Big Tube Stainless headers-img_2882.jpg   Patterson Big Tube Stainless headers-img_2874.jpg  

Old 09-25-2013, 05:35 PM
Registered

why don't you dispute the transaction w/ paypal? they are pretty good about that stuff on ebay
Old 09-25-2013, 10:45 PM
Registered

Most of the time if someone is getting rid of a set of used manifolds there is a good reason why they took them off. Just look at how much of a head ache it is to remove them. Especially on a set of twin engines. One motor usually has to come out just to get a ratchet on the manifold bolts. Anyhow good luck to you. Now you have to sucker someone just to get your money out of them. I surely would take the other gents advise and dispute the deal with PayPal. I don't know how long you have had them but pay pal will set on the money for a certain period before releasing it. Maybe they haven't sent to the ******* who sold them to you yet. Good luck to you.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I actually gave the description of the product, the description from e-bay user was (appear to be in good shape , not pressure tested). I fought with e-bay and lost the seller claimed I damaged them when trying to pressure test them.. I by far want to screw anyone out of money for these, it is more for the Mr. Fix-er-upper, right now all they are to me is pretty cool looking lawn sprinklers.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

you will need to replace the collectors, that looks to be the sorespot... not the end of the world, and worth the repair as they are about 8 - 10k for new ones.. with tails
Old 09-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by trent77969
I actually gave the description of the product, the description from e-bay user was (appear to be in good shape , not pressure tested). I fought with e-bay and lost the seller claimed I damaged them when trying to pressure test them.. I by far want to screw anyone out of money for these, it is more for the Mr. Fix-er-upper, right now all they are to me is pretty cool looking lawn sprinklers.
You need to actually call ebay. Talk to a live person and plead your case. Explain that in no way could you have caused the damage. They will grant an appeal on their decision and open the case again. Be sure to be persistant with them Explain that the seller did not represent the items properly. It is worth the time 9 out of 10 if you do this they will find in your favor. I sell on ebay and sell what I think is alot being about 100 items a week. I run into all kinds of people trying to get over on someone all of the time. I have had bad luck with just responding to the cases like normal but when you take the time to call and speak with someone it usually works out.

You have to understand, the people at ebay probably have no idea what marine headers even are. When you call and explain to them I think you will make out ok.
Old 10-07-2015, 03:54 PM
Registered

the patterson header was once the holy grail of offshore headers- hand made and pricey up to ten g's a set . the last time i spoke to bob around 86-- he was tired and only wanted to work on unlimited turbine systems . would not craft a set for love or money . all others header systems were wanna be's at that time - the sound and power was not equaled anywhere . stainless long tube headers require maintenance - annually -- engines routinely cost over fifty g's apiece an required constant care - if throwing a 100 thou off the end of the dock was troubling to you - this was not your sport . a hundred plus on motor and gas was an addiction albeit costly . we used lobaks sto quiet them slightly so the locals wouldn't go nuts .
Old 03-06-2016, 04:08 PM
Registered

Are they still available? And what kind of money are you thinking?
Old 03-06-2016, 04:19 PM
Registered

The thread is from 2013 so I would think they are in the scrap bin by now.