Notices

Paying members

Old 12-21-2014, 11:24 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If non paying people post good parts, at good prices on here, how is that not a benefit to this site and/or its paying members?
Old 12-22-2014, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bawana
If non paying people post good parts, at good prices on here, how is that not a benefit to this site and/or its paying members?
It is a benefit to everyone. And paying or not all can sell their stuff. Again, just no businesses trying to sell retail stock.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

At one time paying sent money to powerboaters who owned and ran the site, who put that money back into the sport, oso parties at events, os gatherings etc....

Today your money goes into the pockets of Internet Brands and Robert Brisco. It in no way gets put back into the sport, its not about the sport, no one at IB remotely cares about the sport. They are in the bushiness of running interest based internet forums for profit.

If you went to Mc Donalds for lunch and had your choice of paying for your french fries or getting them for free would you be buying fries???
Old 12-22-2014, 04:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,029 Likes on 1,347 Posts

I don't eat that Sh!t, I pay
Old 12-22-2014, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bawana
Exactly. I USED to pay. But no more. For what??? To post pix?? I.b. makes plenty off advertising. I feel like it's more what the members contribute to the site. Not how much cash they contribute.
Why the hostility against us poor members fenderjack?
Anyways face book powerboat swap is free and more popular nowadays. .........but I don't do that ***got ****. So I sell, give and buy here.

Last edited by scarab63; 12-22-2014 at 05:45 PM.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with the above. Screw I.B. They don't give a hoot about anyone one here paying or not.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:04 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

So what no one up here looking for discounts when they buy parts or boat purchases. You rather pay Merc full retail or hop in your ride and go to the OEM dealer as most them of them mark up 10% to 50 % on top of Merc suggested retail price. Really all these paying members buy 100 % at merc retail pricing or above and no one looks for the deals when it comes for parts buying for your boat.

And to further add all the paying members up here take their boat in to OEM dealer to get fixed and pay that repair bill. What I see is when your boat is not running correctly and or broke you are up here looking for the FREE FIX / REPAIR. Give me a break. Lets be real here about the whole ball wax whether you are paying member or not..

I have spent money with OSO in past couple of years advertising a boat of mine for sale 3 different times and not one hit nor inquire about it.

Also I have and still to this day support the boating world in many ways with my time and money out of pocket plus always willing to help most out with there problem child boat even other marine techs across the world whether my input was right on the money or off base. .

Last edited by BUP; 12-22-2014 at 06:13 PM.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:20 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=scarab63;4238691]
Anyways face book powerboat swap is free and more popular nowadays. .../QUOTE]

I sell there but fb swap shop sucks. Its overrun with dealers and brokers pushing the same boats constantly. I wish there actually were some rules against it there too. But I also wish price and pics were mandatory here. If I could open this forum so everyone could post pics I sure would!!
Old 12-22-2014, 06:29 PM
Registered

BUP.....I read your rant there but I am failing to understand what the point is your making? Of course everyone is always looking for a deal. I am in agreement with that. If not this section of the site wouldn't exist.

It seems like someone personally offend you or something? Did I miss a post or something? Just trying to stay up to speed here.

I work on and help friends with tons of boats yearly. I never pay retail for parts. Not even new. If one can save money why wouldn't they? But regardless dealers or retailers (whether or not they are selling at a discount) are not permitted to sell here. And that is so you and I selling one or two leftover parts are not constantly pushed down the listvand over looked.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:44 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Somewhat my first reply was from post 11. As to that post really does apply up here, especially for 99 % members really do not want to spend retail and definitely not Merc retail. Everyone is looking for deals regardless, including me.

Next there is paying dealerships and engine builders up here who pay for their spots in advertising so my point is since paying advertisers are paying to gain boat repairs, part sales and build engines from OSO members how many of these advertisers get OSO paying members in for boat repair instead of up here looking for the free repair to fix themselves. IMO it seems that these OSO advertisers really are not getting that much support especially on the boat repair side .

What difference does it matter if you have a chance to buy a new part at a better price on OSO whether they are a paying member or not. IMO you should be glad that you had the opportunity for the deals offered by whomever especially a brand new part still in the box with a warranty.

Next my rant is when ever I post advice to help out with someone's problem child boat, no one never replied - hey how about paying for a membership but when I put up a 2 different parts for sale not even that expensive, NON retail pricing, include free shipping, then I'm the bad guy for not having a paying membership. IMO for some reason this thread really got started since I posted some brand new OEM impeller kits and motor oil drain kits. Really want to know being a paying member means what ? Also does paying members support paying Advertisers up here.

Last edited by BUP; 12-22-2014 at 07:55 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.