Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Left and Right Bravo's 24" pitch

Registered
    My Boats:
    1989 Formula SR1 311

Left and Right Bravo's 24" pitch

Selling left and right bravo's with 24" pitch. Would trade for a set of Mirage 3 blades with 23" pitch. Do not know what they are worth but would like what it will cost to get a set of used mirage props.

Thank you.

Registered Platinum Member
    My Boats:
    Scarab, 30 ft
    4blades??

Registered
    My Boats:
    1989 Formula SR1 311
    Yes they are 4 blades. Sorry I forgot to put that.

Thank you.

Registered Platinum Member
    My Boats:
    Scarab, 30 ft
    What were u running the 4 blades behind?? Horsepower???

Registered
    My Boats:
    1989 Formula SR1 311
    It just has the stock twin 420's in it. It is a 1989 formula sr1 311. Just got the boat last year and they came on it. They are way to much prop for the boat and hp from what I have researched. That is why I am looking for some mirage 3 blade 23" pitch props.

Charter Member # 55 Charter Member Griff's Avatar
    My Boats:
    ..........32........... Active Thunder
    The 24 B1's shouldn't be too much prop for that boat and HP. They should be pretty close.
    What rpm and speed are you seeing at WOT????
    ROB FREEMAN likes this.

Registered
    My Boats:
    1989 Formula SR1 311
    From what I researched the boat came with mirage 3 blade 23" pitch props wigh that motor package. It was under reving but I do not recall by how much. The motors are stock and from what I have read, if going to a 4 blade prop the pitch should be dropped by 1" if not increasing the power. This would keep you running the same desired rpm. I may be wrong and I am far from an expert so let me know if I am. I just want to put the props that the boat was originally tested with.

Thanks.

Platinum Member Platinum Member
    My Boats:
    31 Infinity SVL
    I have a set if 21" 3 blade Mirage propellers that can be repitched at a reasonable price. I would be interested in a trade plus I pay you $100. My props are in great shape, they came off a 38' Fountain Sport Cruiser with the same power.

Call me if you are interested, I could also have the repitch done for you, if you do not have a good prop guy you use. 239 443 8233

Charter Member # 55 Charter Member Griff's Avatar
    My Boats:
    ..........32........... Active Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerearl88 View Post
    From what I researched the boat came with mirage 3 blade 23" pitch props wigh that motor package. It was under reving but I do not recall by how much. The motors are stock and from what I have read, if going to a 4 blade prop the pitch should be dropped by 1" if not increasing the power. This would keep you running the same desired rpm. I may be wrong and I am far from an expert so let me know if I am. I just want to put the props that the boat was originally tested with.

Thanks.
    I would get some good test numbers with the exact rpms and GPS speeds before changing them.
    Ideally you want to run your engines right around 5000-5200rpms with light fuel.
    You may be better off getting your props labbed. The 4 blades will most likely give you better cruise speed.

Registered
    My Boats:
    1989 Formula SR1 311
    I will get back to you on this offer. I would definitely want them rep itched as I do not know of any local quality prop shops. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by 777offshore View Post
    I have a set if 21" 3 blade Mirage propellers that can be repitched at a reasonable price. I would be interested in a trade plus I pay you $100. My props are in great shape, they came off a 38' Fountain Sport Cruiser with the same power.

Call me if you are interested, I could also have the repitch done for you, if you do not have a good prop guy you use. 239 443 8233

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast