Notices

Merc 525 efi longblock, short block and bare block for sale

Old 10-03-2015, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Merc 525 efi longblock, short block and bare block for sale

Merc Long block.
$11,500
You can pick which one you want. I have two in the boat running now. One has approximately 25 hrs since rebuild and the other has 280+/-. Either option is oil pan to intake and balancer to fly wheel. Boat was used on great lakes prior to me purchasing. I believe it has been a fresh water boat by the looks of everything.
Option 1.
I blew an engine at Tick Faw in May and purchased this rebuilt long block from pier 57. I have the receipt and invoice from the engine builder. The engine was rebuilt in New England, I can show the invoice and give engine builder info on Monday. File at office. This engine is in the boat, runs good although it does have an oil leak around oil pan or rear main. Easy fix while it is out. Compression /leak down tests are no problem.
Option 2.
This is a merc sealed engine. Shows to have around 400 hours on scan but the engine long block was replaced in 06 at 120-130 hours due to header failure by merc. All records can be verified. Engine is in the boat, can hear it run, do compression tests, etc. I do not know if the top end has been done because I purchased the boat in February and have not opened it up. I can say the compression and leak down tests were good in Feb.
Merc short block
$4500.00
This will be whichever one is left from the above sale. Balancer to flywheel. Oil pan to to short block.
525 bare block
$800.00
Block will be magnafluxed and you can confirm with the engine builder it is all good. Engine builder is one that everyone knows, although I am not going to say who because I don't want a bunch of people wasting his time.
The catch.
Anyone who wants to inspect the above items are welcome. Although you will need to wait to pick up your item until the engine has been removed and has been stripped of the accessories which I will be keeping.
Reasons why the sale if you care.
I purchased a 42 fountain w/ T 525 EFI’s in Feb of 15. Boat had 388 hours. I then blew the starboard engine in May and purchased a rebuilt long block to get through the summer. Now that summer is nearly over, I have decided to make bigger power and will have a complete long block and short block left over once I complete my builds. I am not an engine builder and don’t want to be. I don’t know all the BS that goes into these engines so if you have technical questions, I probably can’t answer them. I am happy to talk to anyone interested and make a deal. My name is Joe and my cell is 936/524-8823. Give me a call if this is something you are interested in.
Old 10-04-2015, 07:53 AM
Registered

Come on guys with 525's. Where else can you get back up power for 15k$?
Old 10-06-2015, 02:58 PM
Registered

ttt
Old 10-07-2015, 02:51 PM
Registered

I have had a couple calls on the long block and the bare block. The bare block may be sold. Long block and short block are still available.