Gen 5 & 6 Thermostatically Controlled Engine Block Oil Adapter

Notices

Gen 5 & 6 Thermostatically Controlled Engine Block Oil Adapter

Old 04-20-2016, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Gen 5 & 6 Thermostatically Controlled Engine Block Oil Adapter

Thermostatically Controlled Engine Block Adapter Gen 5/6 BBC

Maintaining proper engine oil temperature has become critical to the success or failure of today?s performance marine engines. Prolonged use of marine engines in conditions where oil cannot reach its optimum working temperatures will result in sludge formation and crankcase dilution which leads to excessive wear especially in the cylinder bores and bearing surfaces. A thermostat assembly combats this by permitting 90% of the engines oil to bypass the cooler during warm up. The balance of the oil flow is allowed to fl ow through the cooler maintaining constant pressure and preventing air pockets while eliminating cold oil shock. This reduces scuffing and premature wear and inhibits engine blow-by. As engine oil temperature reaches its optimum operating temperature moisture and impurities that often cause a milky condition are eliminated.

Until now oil temp was controlled either by some guess of components or by the professional engine builders through the use of some sort of external engine oil thermostat. While these external oil filter/ thermostats were very effective they were also very large and very bulk . Making them hard to mount and creating a maze of plumbing. The problem was the only available parts up until now couldn?t move the necessary oil flow to be mounted anywhere. else. But thanks to Hardin marine and their engineering staff they took to solving this decade long nuisance. Hardin Marine has developed this new thermostatically controlled engine block mounted product. With this unit all oil temperature is now controlled through a integral 212 degree oil thermostat. The large 3/4NPT oil inlets/outlets assure the maximum amount of oil can be flowed through the unit. So no more maze of external plumbing, no more big bulky external mounted components just the standard (2) lines to the filter and the standard (2) lines to your cooler. Sometimes evolution comes in the form of the simplest of things but this is one that has been deeply sought after. Overall Height: 4-3/4"

CP Performance sells this for $280 without fittings. I am asking SOLD + shipping with -12 fittings.

Thanks,

http://www.cpperformance.com/p-26867...k-adapter.aspx

Last edited by A Catz Bark; 04-22-2016 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-20-2016, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

How much time on it? Reason for selling?
Old 04-20-2016, 05:42 PM
Registered

Roughly 20 hours of test time, works perfectly.

Last edited by A Catz Bark; 04-21-2016 at 11:21 AM.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:21 PM
Registered

Four 3/4" npt to -12 straight nipples? I'm just trying to figure out if it will even fit next to my stringer.
Old 04-21-2016, 03:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja Rooster
Four 3/4" npt to -12 straight nipples? I'm just trying to figure out if it will even fit next to my stringer.
This was in a 27' Eliminator Daytona and I had plenty of room. You can get any angle AN fitting for the line you need; 0*, 45*, 60*, 90*, 120* and 180*. I would think there is an application that would work for you.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:09 PM
Registered

I'm quite familiar with the CP catalog. I was just looking to see which fittings come with it.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:21 PM
Registered

Shoot me a text or give me your e-mail address and I'll send you a pic.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:51 AM
Registered

sold
Old 04-22-2016, 11:05 AM
Registered

[email protected]