Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Support&Services > Technical Issues
Foul language in posts acceptable? >

Foul language in posts acceptable?

Notices

Foul language in posts acceptable?

Old 01-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Foul language in posts acceptable?

I have been noticing a trend to see more and more mispelled foul language in posts on this site. Very rare on other sites. I understand some people talk that way among friends but I have always thought it is very unprofessional to speak that way in public. Even more so in print. I have some friends with young sons who enjoy powerboating who like to read OSO. They have commented it is getting to the point of not allowing thier sons to view OSO posts any longer.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Id say its pretty mild compared to the things they see on tv. Have you watched Family Guy or South Park lately?
Old 01-29-2011, 11:55 AM
Registered

I would agree with Teambaja. It is pretty mild for the most part on here.

I sometimes think that we have become overly sensitive about these types of things. We make such a huge deal out of being politically correct, sheltering our youth from all of the "bad" things in the world, and the like and its blown out of proportion. I know when I first moved across the pond, I was shocked at how uncensored things are. There is no bleeping out cuss words, for nudity on regular tv, and open for viewing in public. This would appall half of the people in the US, while it is the norm here and nobody even seems to notice. I think this is one thing Europe does better than the US.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 01-29-2011, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cousineau181
I would agree with Teambaja. It is pretty mild for the most part on here.

I sometimes think that we have become overly sensitive about these types of things. We make such a huge deal out of being politically correct, sheltering our youth from all of the "bad" things in the world, and the like and its blown out of proportion. I know when I first moved across the pond, I was shocked at how uncensored things are. There is no bleeping out cuss words, for nudity on regular tv, and open for viewing in public. This would appall half of the people in the US, while it is the norm here and nobody even seems to notice. I think this is one thing Europe does better than the US.

Just my 2 cents...
X2......and yet we all sit luridly in front of the TV watching Springer or 6 o'clock news video of the latest jackwagon to walk into a police precinct with a shotgun and start blasting (yes....just happend in Detroit this week.) Sorry....maybe getting off topic....just a soap box kinda Saturday. Peace out!
Old 01-29-2011, 01:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

be a parent, dont try to change the world, teach the kids whats acceptable and not. in time as they grow they will make the right choices.

did the same thing with my daughters face book account, explained to her why it wasn't acceptable to allow someone to write cuss-words on her wall..she got it, instead of complaining to them about it, she now just deletes it..the same kids don't do it anymore.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

F@ck off

Old 01-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Registered

Its all in good fun....alot of guys joke around on here,,, its just OSO talk....
Old 01-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I have to agree with the rest. This is a mainly adult forum and anything kids will see here is EXTREMELY mild to what they can and do see elsewhere. At least they took ogrish.com down. You are really concerned about a few misspelled bad words these days?
Old 01-29-2011, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Other than some silver spooners and dreamers, most of the stuff on this forum is so far out of most kids league that there are very few that ever bother coming through here.

So like the others, I'd have to say your concerns are mostly ill-placed.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Registered

Tell the kid to get off the computer and pick up a book.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.