Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Support&Services > Technical Issues
PC hacked could be linked to the site. >

PC hacked could be linked to the site.

Notices

PC hacked could be linked to the site.

Old 01-31-2016, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
Default PC hacked could be linked to the site.

Hey guys! Just had a little run in with a virus that was linked back to this site. If you have Mac's you will get a Microsoft pop up window asking to call immediately for reset computer. They will ask for remote access. If this pops up DON'T even call the number. It's all a scam. Hopefully the admins can look into this if possible? I didn't know where else to post this. So hopefully it's not against the rules. The hack can come from any advertisement or if it's been hacked before. This pop up window doesn't even register as a virus or threat so it looks legit but it's not. We finally got ours unlocked but my brother in law is a IT tech so I lucked out.

Here's a link explaining.
http://www.thesafemac.com/tech-support-scam-pop-ups/

Last edited by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS; 01-31-2016 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Spelling/Grammer police
Old 01-31-2016, 08:55 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Malware Virus.. not from OSO site.. email or bad link that was following you as you searched on.

You need to Have you bro in law update your security.(im sure he has). get rid of all recent temp files..etc

Geeze if it wasn't for hacks my junk mail in yahoo would be empty!!
Old 01-31-2016, 09:31 AM
Registered

Lol I believe he just did that. I'll keep a eye out. Wish I could get my hands on one of those little keyboard warrior twerps while he's sitting in his moms basement eating Cheetos!
Old 01-31-2016, 09:53 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS
Lol I believe he just did that. I'll keep a eye out. Wish I could get my hands on one of those little keyboard warrior twerps while he's sitting in his moms basement eating Cheetos!
That's not who the "hackers"/adversaries are anymore.
Trust me, that's my field.
Old 01-31-2016, 11:51 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I've gotten spam emails from 2 members here that I've never exchanged emails with. Definitely spam trey didn't send intentionally. The most recent was from Fred Cecil just a couple days ago. If I recall correctly that's Too Old aka Trick Marine
Old 01-31-2016, 12:42 PM
Registered

I believe you. It's a shame those people who ever they are can live with themselves. Sucks for those of us who aren't as well versed with new technology.
Old 01-31-2016, 12:51 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Brian T, I have received 2 emails as of late with your name on them with no titles. I am sure you did not send them out. Just letting you know.

I did not open and deleted them
Old 01-31-2016, 02:37 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Brian T, I have received 2 emails as of late with your name on them with no titles. I am sure you did not send them out. Just letting you know.

I did not open and deleted them
Hmm, interesting. What email address were they sent from?
Old 01-31-2016, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

about every 6 months I get a call on my home phone telling me that I have a problem with my computer. WHO ISN"T - Last time was about two weeks ago. said he was from MICROSOFT and tells me that there is a problem with my Windows computer. I told him what about it. He mumbled something and hung up.
Old 01-31-2016, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 286 Likes on 177 Posts

FWIW, I was being told by folks on my Yahoo email list that stuff was being sent from my address. Changed my email password and it stopped.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.