What is wrong with the site.

Notices

What is wrong with the site.

Old 02-20-2016, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GRH
IE seems to be the problem... switch to Chrome & see if it helps
Chrome is data farming at its finest, Firefox and never look back.
Old 02-20-2016, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I am using IE and have since I bought my first computer. I don't want or intend to change. I like IE. SO HOW do we fix this. This just started a few months ago. SO something has changed. And I tried my work laptop that only accesses the internet to update the OS. One year old ASUS with an I7 chip and it does the same thing. It has never logged onto any site that might be suspect.
Old 02-20-2016, 12:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,043 Likes on 1,355 Posts

I chatted with Griff about this same issue a couple weeks ago............ Why doesn't someone FIX it or tell us what the issues are instead of just telling us to change browsers, Chrome is not the FIX all........ its gotten worse and worse
Old 02-20-2016, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
I am using IE and have since I bought my first computer. I don't want or intend to change. I like IE. SO HOW do we fix this. This just started a few months ago. SO something has changed. And I tried my work laptop that only accesses the internet to update the OS. One year old ASUS with an I7 chip and it does the same thing. It has never logged onto any site that might be suspect.
Let me put it this way, its like you are towing with a 1500 half ton at a max capacity, it gets the job done but not very well. If you towed with a 2500 diesel it would do a whole lot better at the task at hand.

Firefox is free, and as far as I am concerned IE is broken right out of the gate. It will import all you bookmarked sights as well.
Old 02-20-2016, 02:10 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

It seems for every performance boat that gets replaced with a center console, the sight slows down.
Old 02-20-2016, 02:10 PM
Registered

Funny you should say - I have a 2500 Diesel.

The question is why now - what has changed?

This is the only site that it is doing it on.

AND - WHY do I have to hit a button like " new posts " three times to get it to work?

And this is the only site that I pay for to get features that are not available with the FREE version.
Old 02-20-2016, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

IE is rediculously slow. Like it's already been said/reccomended, I too run Fox and blaze though all the sites with no issues.

What causes the issue with IE.. who knows??? you can run fine one day, get an update and then you are S.O.L until the update issue just created gets fixed with a new release... welcome to comuters!

At works I have to run multiple SE's just to work along with various vendor's comatibility demands.
Old 02-20-2016, 02:54 PM
Registered

SO - IE that is supposed to be so slow IS only slow on this site. Everywhere else it is fast.
What has changed to make this site so slow???
Old 02-20-2016, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just downloaded and tried Google Chrome. It is slower. Tried a few times on and off to build a cache. Doesn't help.
Old 02-20-2016, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm using IE with no problems. I5 processor Windows 7 professional.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.