Notices

MCPA fun run

Old 07-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MCPA fun run

OK!! I have to ask this question since I have been asked by 3 different people about the fun run. Has the run been canceled?? Ralph can you please verify with Baldwin please.. someone mentioned we need a permit?? I thought since it is a fun run there is no need for a permit.. Just trying to find out any info that I can..THANKS!!!
Old 07-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Registered

I too heard the rumors all weekend. Talked to Tim when he pulled in yesterday afternoon. Seems the Corps and TWRA are not wanting to issue the permit this year (required for the past runs). Nothing definite, they're still negotiating. Seems they don't like the group starts......want us to leave individually. Basically, the powers that be want to "return" the lake to "family" activities. Two hours once a year with the proceeds going to a good charity.........not to mention the $$ Hendersonville takes in for gas, food and hotels. Something ain't right?????? Mark
Old 07-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Registered

If fishing tournaments blast off all together then why can't we?
Old 07-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Registered

THX for the quick response..please keep me posted
Old 07-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Farris 3
If fishing tournaments blast off all together then why can't we?
Probably alot more fishermen in the TWRA than powerboaters.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by AngerMgmt
I too heard the rumors all weekend. Talked to Tim when he pulled in yesterday afternoon. Seems the Corps and TWRA are not wanting to issue the permit this year (required for the past runs). Nothing definite, they're still negotiating. Seems they don't like the group starts......want us to leave individually. Basically, the powers that be want to "return" the lake to "family" activities. Two hours once a year with the proceeds going to a good charity.........not to mention the $$ Hendersonville takes in for gas, food and hotels. Something ain't right?????? Mark
I just had a chance to look at the forum. Three permits are required, Coast Guard (issued), the Corp and TWRA (pending.) Mark sums it up, but a good faith effort is being made to arrive at a compromise. No pun intended, but the Corp holds all the cards at this time. I hope to learn more this week. Keep your fingers crossed everyone.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Registered

Has anyone thought of getting the VFW involved in this, after all it is the US Army Corps of Engineers. This might help on the Corp side. Just a thought.
Allen
Old 07-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 29scarab10
Has anyone thought of getting the VFW involved in this, after all it is the US Army Corps of Engineers. This might help on the Corp side. Just a thought.
Allen
Good thought Allen - yes they are very involved to the point of making phone calls and a personal visit to the Corps office last week by the Commander and Quartermaster of the post. Every possible angle we can think of is being worked at this point.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Registered
VIP Member

to my knowledge there has never been a powerboat accident in TN in a poker run or otherwise and how many times do you hear of Johnny Redneck flipping his bass boat running "well beyond the limits of his equipment and ability". We are just louder and more visible but I would always contend are much safer than any bass boat at 65 mph.

Safety is always #1 with most powerboaters and everyone with the financial capability to run the boats we run and maintain them like is necessary they must have a sense of responsibility at that point in their life. We aren't a bunch of teenagers out there with daddy's money and a ski boat funneling beers at 11am. What they should really worry about is the uneducated, unfriendly, unsafe Dbag with a pontoon boat pulling his kids down the channel on Saturday cutting in front of other boats under power with no sense of right of way. I dang near splatted some idiot Sunday cutting >100' in front of me running 27-28 knots in my Sea Ray. His kids fall off... We are all on the news and they are banning cruisers on the lake next! I'm off my soap box now...
Old 07-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by gofastlvr
to my knowledge there has never been a powerboat accident in TN in a poker run or otherwise and how many times do you hear of Johnny Redneck flipping his bass boat running "well beyond the limits of his equipment and ability". We are just louder and more visible but I would always contend are much safer than any bass boat at 65 mph.

Safety is always #1 with most powerboaters and everyone with the financial capability to run the boats we run and maintain them like is necessary they must have a sense of responsibility at that point in their life. We aren't a bunch of teenagers out there with daddy's money and a ski boat funneling beers at 11am. What they should really worry about is the uneducated, unfriendly, unsafe Dbag with a pontoon boat pulling his kids down the channel on Saturday cutting in front of other boats under power with no sense of right of way. I dang near splatted some idiot Sunday cutting >100' in front of me running 27-28 knots in my Sea Ray. His kids fall off... We are all on the news and they are banning cruisers on the lake next! I'm off my soap box now...
AMEN! Well said.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.