Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered
    My Boats:
    2011 Invisible Canoe

Heres a nice read for all members wondering where the HEAT is coming from

stan ferguson

76 Posts
    Posted - 07/15/2011 : 10:17:50
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The BASS Weekend Series is Sat.23rd out of Flippers. The Annual Poker Run for offshore boats is also being run that weekend out of the dam area to Hwy 231 bridge. If your out there be aware.

thobbs3

USA
    324 Posts
    Posted - 07/15/2011 : 10:30:48
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the heads up! I'm fishing the Bassmaster Weekend Series, that day. I was on Old Hick, last year, when they run the Poker Run. Look out!!!! Thought I was going to die!!!! They came by me wide open! Maybe TWRA will get out there and slow some of them down. Some of those boats will run well over 100 mph and it's a line of them coming at you!!! They must do a shotgun start, because they're all side by side! I had a big yellow one come by me, last year. It probably had 4-454's on it. Louder than any dragster I've ever heard and he come within casting distance of my boat.
    th3

bandsr4me20
    Starting Member

26 Posts
    Posted - 07/15/2011 : 19:41:40

I was skiing on the cumberland last year and we were near the side of the bank and two of them split us going close to 100mph. Those are the idiots that shouldnt be allowed on the water period. Those boats are not made for the cumberland. That river is too narrow and you cant see far enough ahead to be doing those speeds. Those cigar boats are meant for stuff ky lake size and bigger. They also have no respect for anyone else imo.

EBDaal

USA
    195 Posts
    Posted - 07/15/2011 : 20:46:20

I fished the weekend series last year on OH but I don't remember anything like that... but yea I agree, those cigar boats are driven by the most ignorant rednecks Tennessee has to offer

Go BIG or go home!

colonelgofish
    Starting Member

USA
    37 Posts
    Posted - 07/17/2011 : 19:53:26

VIP Member VIP Member gofastlvr's Avatar
    My Boats:
    MTI 40RP and Sea Ray 540DA
    Where did you find this?

You want to see scared... ride in one of those bath tubs with a big outboard attached at 70-80mph! I wouldn't ride with one of those "johnny rednecks" (hope they don't mind me using their vernacular) at 50 let alone their chine walking a$$es at 80! I did think the "big yellow boat" comment was hilarious because they were probably talking about RB and his OL! I'm just kind of sad they didn't mention the one with the poker cards

Platinum Member Platinum Member chewymalone's Avatar
    My Boats:
    DCB F26 w/ 300X's
    I have graduated to the status of ignorant redneck. Also looks like I need to put (4) 454's in my boat. That sounds like a great engine package.

EB... you need to hook me up!
    Last edited by chewymalone; 08-04-2011 at 02:18 PM.
    DCB F26 w/ 300X's

Registered
    My Boats:
    2011 Invisible Canoe
    i posted back that i was sorry we needed to use the public lake for a couple hours in the middle of one of their 365 fishing tourney's to host our charity event. and as far as coming within casting distance of a fisherman - its hard not to when you guys are sitting in the main channel fishing! sorry you just dont see us running in the sticks and stumps so that point is useless in my eyes.

(actually i didnt post anything on their site - the event is over and went off without a hitch so that is the biggest blow to them trying to shut it down)

just thought you guys would get a kick out of reading their forum - you ignorant rednecks and your 4-454's

My Boats:
    DCB F26 w/ 300X's
    I wonder if we could built a go fast boat with about 6 stacked big blocks exposed like the big tractor pull guys do it?
    DCB F26 w/ 300X's

RBH
    Platinum Member Platinum Member RBH's Avatar
    My Boats:
    42 Fountain 1075's

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by gofastlvr View Post
    Where did you find this?

You want to see scared... ride in one of those bath tubs with a big outboard attached at 70-80mph! I wouldn't ride with one of those "johnny rednecks" (hope they don't mind me using their vernacular) at 50 let alone their chine walking a$$es at 80! I did think the "big yellow boat" comment was hilarious because they were probably talking about RB and his OL! I'm just kind of sad they didn't mention the one with the poker cards
    Couldn't have been me ...we only use the two engine boat that weekend. Chad you didn't get close enough.

My Boats:
    2001 Nordic 28' Heat EBM 575sci
    "those ceegar boats are driven by the most ignorant bunch of rednecks Tennessee has to offer"
    I can tell you as a former fisherman, he has really insulted his brothers because:
    they use ignorant grammer like above
    they race at every blast off
    they chew tobacco
    they drink beer and fish and drive
    they would rather chase fish than women
    they are generally fat
    they sit in the middle of the lake on the weekend and expect people not to wake them "cause I'm feeshin' a hump"
    they like metalflake gel/paint, which went out 25 years ago
    they are just jealous because our boats are longer than theirs
    Regards,
    Steve

My Boats:
    Awesome Powerboats
    Eugene, what forum wa that from please?? THANKS!!! Steve too funny

My Boats:
    DCB F26 w/ 300X's
    I'm also offended because we are very polite to them when we go by. Cathy makes a point to wave to every fishing boat and yell at the top of her lungs "How's the fishin'?" Only problem is they probably can't hear her over the exhaust of my eight 454's, two GE-58 turbines, and three booster rockets left over from the NASA shuttle program.
    Last edited by chewymalone; 08-05-2011 at 09:23 AM.
    DCB F26 w/ 300X's

Registered
    My Boats:
    2001 fountain 35' lightning
    Maybe they need to look at some of there own:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-dlAZ9L4d0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast