Notices

MCPA updates...

Old 05-24-2012, 12:06 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah because leaving all from different places and not running together kind of sucked! The raft up was great but anyone can do those things and not be a part of the run... I know the Cincy crew wants to come back but only if we can all run together and have a pace boat to take everyone out.

It needs to be like other runs and let the faster boats go first and get gone then the other boats take off where there won't be so much congestion going down the lake. The first 10 miles is the only part of the actual run that is fun and gets everyone's heart pumping. I don't care if you are running 50 or 150 its all about the first few miles...
Old 05-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Registered

I hope so...I haven't heard that we cant.. That is my plan to have a shot gun start just like all the fishing boats do for their tournaments... I will try to find out..
Old 05-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BuddyLuV
I hope so...I haven't heard that we cant.. That is my plan to have a shot gun start just like all the fishing boats do for their tournaments... I will try to find out..
If we have the permits and they haven't said no, do we really want to ask?
Old 05-25-2012, 07:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by chewymalone
If we have the permits and they haven't said no, do we really want to ask?
Maybe best to just get forgiveness instead of permission
Old 05-25-2012, 08:12 AM
Registered

sounds good 2 me.......
Old 05-30-2012, 01:01 PM
Registered

i know im currently boatless but i can say from my previous runs here in the slow class (70mph under)...that the big boats need to go first OR they need to be held much longer before letting them go.....i know 70mph isnt all that fast compared some boats around here but leaving from Blackjack WFO and im already being passed by 42' boats prior to 2 foot!?!? no way that should even be possible - thats one of the most congested areas for traffic and its literally where both classes met that particular run presumabley in front of TWRA too as thats a common place for them to camp out....the following year we werent allowed to start together.

IMO - i would still prefer the slower boats to leave first, thats one of the things i look forward to seeing at every run is all the big machines raising hell. the only way that happens if they leave first is when they are already heading back to the tie-up and we're all still on our way to the first stop.

what about 3 classes at 10-15 min intervals or something? - a TRUE under 70mph class, 70-100mph class, and then the big boys....sorry, but all you Nordics - im throwing you under the bus here ...its not fair you all start in the under 70 class! lets put you guys in a class that matches your real speed and that in turn should get more boats separated at the start into smaller groups.

Even the slow boats will find a pecking order and get separated leaving plenty of room to be overtaken by the larger boats if you give them enough time before releasing the faster boats behind them...

Last edited by will22; 05-30-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:48 PM
Registered

Not that anyone ever does as they're asked (flashback Knoxville), but what about mandating the faster boats maintain speed under ??? until we get past Two Foot, then hammer down?

What do I care, I'm running with the 70 and under group with my Nordic buddies anyway Eugene!
Old 05-30-2012, 03:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by chewymalone
Not that anyone ever does as they're asked (flashback Knoxville), but what about mandating the faster boats maintain speed under ??? until we get past Two Foot, then hammer down?

What do I care, I'm running with the 70 and under group with my Nordic buddies anyway Eugene!
They are my buddies too!! they just seem to run a VERY FAST 70mph...lol. i dont have a dog in this fight, just my 2 cents worth from past experiences on the pond - chewy im riding with you anyway this year so its all good.

Last edited by will22; 05-30-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by will22
They are my buddies too!! they just seem to run a VERY FAST 70mph...lol. i dont have a dog in this fight, just my 2 cents worth from past experiences on the pond - chewy im riding with you anyway this year so its all good.
You're welcome to ride with us! Given my luck lately, I hope you can handle an oar well.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:08 AM
Registered
VIP Member

I don't think necessarily 3 stages are necessary but a 10 minute head start is a good thing. That way everyone can get to the power lines or so before we start over taking and it also gives the 70 mph guys a few minutes to get sorted out as well. I know that I am one of the ones that you are talking about because two years ago I caught everyone right at 2' and was running well over 100 in rough water right in front of the Opossum police! I saw them sitting there and even thought "holy crap this is close running"!

Now that being said we need pace boats and let the first class get to about 2' before the faster boats even leave then we can let 'em loose and nobody jump the start! I'll even volunteer to pace the faster class and get everybody up and running from the dam and let them go about BJ. I would even say that anyone passing the pace boat before the flag drops should forfeit their cards at the end of the run! Let's make this a fun / safe run for everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.