Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > TN Powerboat Club
New to Area - Need Help With Nashville Area Boating >

New to Area - Need Help With Nashville Area Boating

Notices

New to Area - Need Help With Nashville Area Boating

Old 09-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Headed to Priest this saturday if you're interested...
Old 09-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We boat on Old Hickory all the time... The other place we all hang out is behind the first island on the left about 1/2 mile up the lake. It's called Skinny Dip Cove. You will generally see a bunch of cruisers up there and if you see a 540 with a hard top that is me so stop by and say hello. We keep our boats at Anchor High right at the Rockland Recreation Area. Anything below two foot you are pretty much ok but just watch out for the occasional log as it is a river and when it rains a lot we do have a few floaters... Otherwise just stay in the channel and you will be fine. A good GPS with maps is a must just about anywhere you go and it's way cheaper than skegs and props so if you don't have one get one for just about anywhere...

The other main thing is to stay away from KennyO... He is a stalker and will drink all your beer and hit on your women!!

Nashville has a great group of boaters, except for the aforementioned, and if you need anybody to work on your stuff when it breaks... and it will break... call EB Marine! He is great and keeps our junk running... If he gets tired of working on boats or gets ran over by a train I'm selling mine for sure! He is a great mechanic and honest to a fault so give him a call when you need anything.

See ya on the water!

Chad

Last edited by gofastlvr; 09-25-2012 at 11:55 AM.