The B.S. Thread

Notices

The B.S. Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Let me save you guys some time......

Originally Posted by spk1
1996 26 scarab mercruiser 454 and a bravo dependable nice, no trailer, I wanted 24k, but would consider 20k check southflorida craigslist, 26 scarab.

Originally Posted by bsebesy
http://www.boats.com/boat-details/We...carab/20851331

I love a flip as much as the next guy, but dude change the pics and make sure the old ad is killed!
Thats what it cost with a bad engine smart guy, If you would have called before you taunting post, you would have gotten that info, engine has been rebuilt, hull and interior buffed and waxed, new batteries, new starter, new prop, If you cant afford it or its a bad, deal, Im not asking you to buy it, Im not a boat sales man I am in the chemical business. I want twin engines,and changed my mind on this boat, because having one blow in a single 26, isnt fun, I appreciate your smart azz remarks, win lose or draw, 20k is a very good deal, especially after what Ive spent making the boat right. In fact I still want a smaller baot to run around in and will take a trade and pay the difference on a 29-30baja outlaw or scarab with twins, in similar condition. Only looking for a boat to fit my needs, not flip for a profit, check my profile and the boats I own,and do the math,, but hell youve got all of 19posts, so of course, you know it all, p:
Originally Posted by boatntrkr
im not trying to make enemies, nor am i a smart azz, nor am i interested, nor do i have 50k posts...but neither ad says anything about a bad engine, the hull and interior being trashed...I would think someone would put in an ad that the engine was bad and not make people call to find out....just sayin...
Nor do you know a dayum thing your talking about, have you seen the boat in person? My price is fair, infact find me another 26 scarab 1994 or newer cheaper in running condition even, stop bashing mine, and sell your own, Im sure your phone is ringing off the hook for that formula,,
Btw heres the competition for your boat,, my boat doesnt even compare to yours,
http://www.boattrader.com/search-res...t-Length:DESC/
thats not mine..i saw it on craigslist and thought someone might be interested...i was just saying most people would of posted somewhere on an ad a bad engine, which is why that guy posted about doing a flip because there was no reason stated the price differance...chill out

that looks like a good priced boat though.
By your boat, I ment the one you posted, I was showing an example how you can take any boat and discrace it value if you attack before getting the details. I will respond to your full post this time, so you get what I am saying, even though I dont understand your point, or why you would feel the need to attack my boat thats forsale, when you have nothing to gain except waste everyones time with bad attitude. No my add doest include a full on description, nor its a full on ad, I bought the boat with a bad engine, and rebuilt it, the interior is nice, if the pictures make it look bad, I cant change that, some guy put up an old ad of the boat before I bought it, and tryed to devalue my boat, I dont know why, for he wasnt asking about a boat for his friend either, I was just posting my boat that is what I have said it is, (great running in good condition) at a price discounted $1500 off of what I have invested for an oso member, nothing more or less, if he is interested I will hear from him, or defend the boats condition from him, not any of you, for I did not post it for you to see. I am upset that people would attack and act this way on a site that is ment for helping each other enjoy a hobby. Your the one that needs to chill, you dont have a boat for sale, and your not interested in buying mine, however you feel the need to bash it with out ever seeing it? I will not respond to any further bashing, I dont need to sell this boat at all, and I feel its a good deal, and doubt you can find one of the same year and model cheaper, if you can I wont bash it, but encourage you to buy that one.

Im not bashing your boat bro at all nor am i attacking anyone...i was simply sticking up for another member because the ads looked like a flip and you got mad at him for calling it out..i agree with you, with a new motor and stuff the higher price is justified. But, the ads dont say anything about a bad motor so, he was just going off ads...
Wow! Why so defensive? I was just trying to give you some friendly advice. As I read your post yesterday I though wow I remember looking at that boat a month or so ago and low and behold there it was still listed on boats.com. I didn't mean to devalue you're boat. It was a good buy at 13K and probably will be a decent buy at 20K. The thing that drove me to post was that you had the balls to throw it out there with the same exact pictures and the old add still running(even though now you've wised up and deleted your craigs list add). How many poker runs did you take it on from thanksgiving until now? That is when you bought it right? You see I talked to Kyle at Tuppens about the boat back then and he told me it had gone under contract a week or two before. He also went on to tell me what a nice clean boat it was. It's suprising he'd lie to me about it when it was already under conract. I'm suprised he never mentioned the blown engine or bad upholstry. Maybe this was only the 19th boat he sold and has no credibility? Anyway I'm all for people making money, but this thread is about helping someone find a 20K boat. It's also about getting insight into the boats history and past owners.....and I think we found out alot about this one.

"Friendly" advice,, yea,, Your reall friendly, the engine wasnt blown before I bought it, and in my opinion kyle is a straight shooter, and didnt mislead me in any way. In fact call him all you want, im the guy who put the comission in his pocket, I seriously doubt he has any issues with me. I can guarantee he doesnt like a lowballin, crybaby such as yourself, he makes his living in the buy and sell game. But all in all, I decided to buy it on my judgement, not his. Im sorry you didnt get to buy it, but being as bitter as you are towards me, I can only imagine how you would have reacted should you have gotten it. Im sure alot of people wanted it, its nice, the engine blew afterwards, and has since been rebuilt, and in my opinion its still a great deal on my part. I never said the upholstry was bad, another guy who wanted to jump on your bandwagon did, your adding alot to your off track insite, my defense still stands, if you want to bash my boat, atleast buy a ticket, fly down, take a look in person, and bash away, but please give it a rest, its worth what its worth, I own it outright and if I wanted $100k for it who gives a shyt, I guarantee you its worth more than 20k, I love the thing, its convinced me that a smaller boat is what I want, I just want twins, so I can go to the bahamas safely, untill then Im going to keep running it in poker runs, and when ever else, and shyt if your werent such an Ahole, I would have opened an invitation for you to come down and ride,, but fk that, I can hardly deal with you on here. My advice to you is let it go, theres really nothing for either of us to gain here. As you said, this thread is about finding some one a 20k boat, hmm that what I have that what Im doing, its worth 20k if not alot more, the guy is right here in my same town, so that why I posted,it would be convienient for him to come over and judge it forhimself. Thanks to you, I have decided not to sell it, and have taken it off of craigslist, because I really dont have the temperment to deal with scum, and lowballers that just because I place an ad, they feel it gives them the right to talk shyt make their own boat values based on their own nonsense, and just waste my entire day, congrats if your goal was to ruin my day, and get me fighting mad, you winn dude, Great Contribution to the thread,, oh by the way what boat did you have to offer him?
Man, I really didn't intend on making you go off the deep end. I was just pointing out in a humorus way that you should takes some time and do your homework before trying to sell your boat. I think your asking price is fair and wish you luck in your sale. Next time you place an ad don't lie. Don't go on and on about how you've enjoyed towing the boat to various poker runs, and laughing all the way to the bank with the money you save in gas, when you bought the boat a month ago. Then when you get caught in the lie, delete the ad and make up stories about the condition of the boat. I've been on this site for a little over 3 years and don't always post. The one thing I've noticed over the years is people hate misrepresentation. If you have a good solid boat at a fair price (which I believe you do) then don't embelish and make up stories. Someone will pay your asking price even if they think you got it for a $1.
I was in keywest, they have a small gathering and boat race there once a year but of course you know it all, your life really must suck, either your a detective, or a dipshyt, but eitherway I dont give a shyt, I would let it go now if I were you. You shouldnt have bought this boat anyway, you need some thing with a huge Sail on it, with your winner personality and a blowboat, you will be much happier. And by the way there are no made up stories as to the condition of this boat it runs excellent, and is in great condition, and I can prove it at anytime, just not to you.
Key west was the week of November 9th. Tuppen's still had the boat the weekend after thanksgiving. I'm not goning to call you names but I will call you out.

Check your source, hell according to you they still have the boat now,

To be Continued.......

Last edited by tomtbone1993; 01-08-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Registered

Jeffro... I sure hope you have your flood certification current...should be a lot of broken pipes with this cold azz weather....
Old 01-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
Jeffro... I sure hope you have your flood certification current...should be a lot of broken pipes with this cold azz weather....
broken pipes are homeowners claims. But maybe there will be some work
Old 01-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good deal on a cat also

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o31742-en.html
Old 01-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok tbone you can add the last of it, lol Im sure you all will get a kick out of it. lol
Old 01-09-2010, 01:29 AM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow Kevin. When did you become the angry guy on here? and When did you buy a Scarab?
Old 01-09-2010, 02:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wstultz
Wow Kevin. When did you become the angry guy on here? and When did you buy a Scarab?
I got it back before I got married.
Yesterday I became the angry guy, just trying to defend myself, on some bs statements the guy was making, how have you been doin?
Old 01-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got it back before I got married.
Yesterday I became the angry guy, just trying to defend myself, on some bs statements the guy was making, how have you been doin?
Can't complain. Ready for Summer.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Registered

air freight.....

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRdE5J4n6Ck[/YOUTUBE]
Old 01-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wstultz
I heard marriage will do that to ya.......poor fellow

Quick Reply: The B.S. Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.