Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > TOPPS
Lake Conroe Storage and Info >

Lake Conroe Storage and Info

Notices

Lake Conroe Storage and Info

Old 05-20-2008, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tomtbone, are we being ganged up on or what?

It must be beak envy. . I am pretty use to it.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mba1620
Tomtbone, are we being ganged up on or what?

It must be beak envy. . I am pretty use to it.
Beak envy is one thing you don't have to worry about with this group
Old 05-20-2008, 03:14 PM
Registered

If its not beak envy, then what is it?

That we are always first to the stop.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lively bunch here.

Didnt mean to get everything stirred up, but sounds like this is a great group.

So there arent too many Fountains around Conroe? I could not say the same for Travis. Went up there for a Poker Run and you would have thought Reggie was having a Regatta.

If I can get storage this weekend then I hope to have it here by next week.

So who is going to be around this weekend. I would like to put names with faces and get some locals perspectives.

Let the begin!!
If the Conroe boys are too wild for your taste you can always come to Clear Lake. There is no beak envy here. They are a great crew and one of these days we are going to go and see what Lake Conroe has to offer. We were at the Lake Travis poker run this weekend and it did look like a Reggie sponsored Fountain regatta.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Registered

you could store your stuff at wade's everybody else does!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 04:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gerritm
If the Conroe boys are too wild for your taste you can always come to Clear Lake. There is no beak envy here. They are a great crew and one of these days we are going to go and see what Lake Conroe has to offer. We were at the Lake Travis poker run this weekend and it did look like a Reggie sponsored Fountain regatta.
Actually I went and looked around Clear Lake two weeks ago. I did the TPA run last year. Had a great time. The only thing that concerns me about Clear Lake is running in the salt (brakish). Though its not much different from running Tickfaw/Ponchatrain

What type of maintenance does it take? I looked around for storage there too. Couldn't find to much except for Endeavor.
Maybe I just didnt know where to look.

Where ever I decide to land permanantly, Conroe or Clear Lake, I am sure we will be going all over bumping into one another. We enjoy traveling to Poker Runs. (Travis, Texoma, Destin, Jacksonville, and of course Tickfaw)

Last edited by mba1620; 05-27-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Where ever I decide to land permanantly, Conroe or Clear Lake, I am sure we will be going all over bumping into one another. We enjoy traveling to Poker Runs. (Travis, Texoma, Destin, Jacksonville, and of course Tickfaw)
I won 2nd place in Destin in 07 my favorite run
Old 05-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
I won 2nd place in Destin in 07 my favorite run
i didn't win but i got really drunk
Old 05-20-2008, 07:46 PM
Registered

Actually I went and looked around Clear Lake two weeks ago. I did the LTPA run last year. Had a great time. The only thing that concerns me about Clear Lake is running in the salt (brakish). Though its not much different from running Tickfaw/Ponchatrain

What type of maintenance does it take? I looked around for storage there too. Couldn't find to much except for Endeavor.
Maybe I just didnt know where to look.

I have my boat at Endeavor, there is another nice facility called South Shore Harbor, they have a dry stack. As far as maintenance, I have closed loop cooling, so other than I wash the exterior of the boat down after every run and flush the engines, there is not much difference. I do try to keep the engine compartment clean and flushed. We are all doing Destin this year. Topps of Clear Lake has their big poker run on June 20-21. Let us know when you will be out on Clear Lake or Galveston Bay and we will introduce ourselves.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:55 PM
Registered

Made it up there yesterday to look around. Thanks Boatbiatch. I found enclosed storage at Old River Road. I am leaving out Thursday to pick up the boat and bring it to the lake.

We acutally went to Papas for a little while to listen to the band after we left the storage . It suxs being a shore monkey, but we got a chance to look around That all will change next weekend, because the boat will be in the water.

Again to all, thanks for the help and information.

See you on the water!

Quick Reply: Lake Conroe Storage and Info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.