Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > TOPPS
How far to L'Auberge from Galveston? >

How far to L'Auberge from Galveston?

Notices

How far to L'Auberge from Galveston?

Old 10-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How far to L'Auberge from Galveston?

How far or how long does it take to get to L'Auberge from Clear Lake/Galveston area? Is it a pretty easy run... just get in ICW and go? Any tricky spots along the way or things to watch for, especially in the areas approaching LA and Lake Charles?

I've wanted to do this trip for awhile and thinking about planning a trip for the guys. Does L'Auberge have a marina for overnight or is some other place better?

Thanks!
Old 10-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Registered

They have docks with shore power - can't remember what the charge is for an overnight. It's a fun run - the one trick is when you get to LA there are a couple of turns you need to make sure of or you'll end up going up river for miles then figure out you went the wrong way....

You can use Maptech to set your GPS if you have one at the critical turns....

If I can find my Lat/Longs I'll post 'em for ya ...

Here's a pic from a run a couple of yrs ago....
Attached Thumbnails How far to L'Auberge from Galveston?-dsc01856.jpg  
Old 10-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kfvintx
How far or how long does it take to get to L'Auberge from Clear Lake/Galveston area? Is it a pretty easy run... just get in ICW and go? Any tricky spots along the way or things to watch for, especially in the areas approaching LA and Lake Charles?

I've wanted to do this trip for awhile and thinking about planning a trip for the guys. Does L'Auberge have a marina for overnight or is some other place better?

Thanks!
We calculated it last year around this time,, it takes 13 boats and approx 14 hours twenty nine minutes. Of course I hear the times vary.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by spk1
We calculated it last year around this time,, it takes 13 boats and approx 14 hours twenty nine minutes. Of course I hear the times vary.
I certainly hope there's a story behind that time because I wasn't figuring it to take anywhere near that long

Running around 50 mph, is 3 hours or 4 hours or 5 hours.... or 14 hours 29 minutes????
Old 10-22-2008, 02:30 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kfvintx
I certainly hope there's a story behind that time because I wasn't figuring it to take anywhere near that long

Running around 50 mph, is 3 hours or 4 hours or 5 hours.... or 14 hours 29 minutes????
Yah good times. Six boats killed, two with fires, eleventy million beers drank, 82 bottles of crown, but we made it.

Excluding our trip, it should take you around 3-4 hours. I have some buddies that make the trip often and that is usually what it takes them. I believe from Clear Lake it was like 130 miles but it was more like 110 from Galveston. Don't quote me on that but it is not too bad.

Last edited by wstultz; 10-22-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wstultz
Yah good times. Six boats killed, two with fires, eleventy million beers drank, 82 bottles of crown, but we made it.

Excluding our trip, it should take you around 3-4 hours. I have some buddies that make the trip often and that is usually what it takes them. I believe from Clear Lake it was like 130 miles but it was more like 110 from Galveston. Don't quote me on that but it is not too bad.
If you measure the trip in drinks it takes 117
Old 10-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

If you find a video on Youtube with the Gilligan's Island theme, It is an overview of our trip.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:20 PM
Registered

we arent very informative when it comes to actual information are we....

dont forget it took a tooth, a swim with alligators, a gracious host to get us 13 comped rooms, 5 emergency rescues, a 50th high school reunion, eleventy hundred jello shots, a trash can, an elevator, some of the blue AND some of the yella, some tshirts that mysteriously still show up on ebay for $25 periodically and some golf hats!!!! If we have that much fun in key west its gonna cost Papa G a freakin fortune!!!
Old 10-22-2008, 04:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bigandy
we arent very informative when it comes to actual information are we....
Worth it's weight in gold

Actually, I've gotten what i wanted to know. It takes about 3-4 hours, it is doable, and from the sound of it, the trip is worth it.

Time to start with more serious planning
Old 10-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good times.

Too many drinks to count,splitting black jack and several fire ext..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUQn7la9abE

Quick Reply: How far to L'Auberge from Galveston?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.