Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > TOPPS
Instigator Trailer - Any body has one - Feedback >

Instigator Trailer - Any body has one - Feedback

Notices

Instigator Trailer - Any body has one - Feedback

Old 02-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with Load-Master out of Ohio and cant be happier. I had placed an order with Instigator and was about to mail the check when I did a google search on him and found several negative comments like yours. He called several days later and I told him I found a used one locally.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Registered

yeah unfortunately I didn't do the background check. I heard from a local boat dealer that he is making the rounds again, under a different name now.....figures.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:15 PM
Registered

Just saw this thread. let me add to the popular sentiment - Don't Buy From Them!

I bought one in 2007 and it does not fit my boat well. He went as far as to put USED damaged brakes on it. It was old grooved eaten up rotors on a new set of pads. He didn't give me stuff I paid for and refused to make it right. I used my debit card to pay for it and did a charge back for the full amount. It was several different charges, so I had to apply for several charge backs. He only disputed one and when he proved he delivered a trailer the bank let him off the hook. The upside of him disputing only one was the he only got paid $2000.00. Small consolation. I figure I got $2000 worth of trailer.

If Brett wasn't a crooked liar, the trailers may be a good product. Mine pulls nice and seems to be a nice piece. It just doesn't fit my boat very well.

STAY AWAY!
Old 05-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Registered

same story if you find him let me know he owes me 6500 dollars. it was a piece of ****.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bmritchey
same story if you find him let me know he owes me 6500 dollars. it was a piece of ****.
his number should be written 0n my first post
Old 05-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Registered

he does not want to be found.they have not been able to find him to be served. i am going to make him just a little unhappy.i had driftwood make a new trailer and they did a great job.any known address or new name? my people keep coming up empty.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bmritchey
he does not want to be found.they have not been able to find him to be served. i am going to make him just a little unhappy.i had driftwood make a new trailer and they did a great job.any known address or new name? my people keep coming up empty.
last I heard he came through conroe last year toting a new business name and card, but it was the same guy. I will try to find it for you from one of the marine centers locally.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Registered

thanks,i know my guys keep coming up empty.the boat would not even come close to sitting on the trailer.the trailer was sold as scrap.so i had another trailer built which was done properly. all things aside i would love to find him.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Registered

no good
Old 06-16-2010, 12:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joew.
David at Inland has a connection on trailers. I do not remember who the manufacture is but I have sent three people over there and all three are happy with the trailer and price. My .02.
Manning

Quick Reply: Instigator Trailer - Any body has one - Feedback

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.