Notices

Got the new boat home!

Old 01-22-2006, 06:28 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Got the new boat home!

Thanks to everyone who answered my questions about the brake controller. I tried the 34 DCB in Chatanooga, and pulled it home. I was right about wanting the rig to be ready. I had to tow my 28 Daytona, which I was trading, down there. The weather was supposed to be nice. Of course it was raining hard all the way from Nashville to Chattanooga. If that wasn't enough, there was almost no visibility on the mountain because of the fog. The other direction there was a rig that had jacknifed.
I tried out the 34 DCB and the other person tried out my Eliminator. In the fog with lots of floaters. We didn't do much trying out. I hooked up the Extreme triple trailer and the brakes worked great. I got home fine and got her in the garage. I learned to appreciate the technologies that are in are diesel trucks. The transmission in the PSD went down into 2nd gear with 2 taps on the brakes and I went down the whole grade at 55mph without even touching the brakes. The diesel pulled the whole grade in 3rd gear without much throttle and I averaged 12.7 mph. The modern diesel trucks are really impressive aren't they?
Old 01-22-2006, 09:52 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Got the new boat home!

Originally Posted by KYElimEagle
The modern diesel trucks are really impressive aren't they?

I'll say.
I borrowed my sisters new GMC dually Durmax/Allison to pick up my 32 Fever from OK 3 yrs ago. Towed to central IN. On a couple of steep mountain grades up hill, I was able to pick up a lot of speed with no problem, where as my gasser would dropped to under 50mph with the pedal to the floor. Was passing cars towing the boat going up hill.

Fuel ecenomy was right around 12 also.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: Got the new boat home!

Here are some photos my mom took. Not great photos but gives you an idea that it was not a great day to get the new boat.
Attached Thumbnails Got the new boat home!-compdcbroad.jpg   Got the new boat home!-compdcbtrailer.jpg   Got the new boat home!-compdcbtrailmoon.jpg